Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
D4vy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi eveyone,

I'm new to the forums. First off, thanks to all you guys who post here. I have been able to solve many issues on my Arlo Ultra system by going through posts in this community.  Kudos to you all.

I tried searching for similar issues faced before, but I was unable to find an existing thread. I have an Arlo Ultra system with 6 cameras (originally purchased a 2 camera system and then added on 4 more cameras). I have been running 5 cameras with minimal issues for about a month now, and I added the 6th one yesterday. It worked okay for a few hours and now it shows the video feed from another camera that was already installed originally. Smiley Indifferent

So basically, 2 of my 6 cameras is showing the same video feed. The newest one is showing the wrong feed and it's located in a totally different section of the house. Firmware version of the new camera was updated as soon as it was paried (running 1.060.33.9_33004 now). 

Screenshot below (the one on the right is wrong):

Capture.PNG

Things I have tried:

- Disabled and re-enabled the "Indoor Camera"

- As seen on the screenshot, I tried the web portal as well as mobile app. Both show the incorrect feed.

- Triggering the spotlight of the "Indoor Camera" triggers it on the physical "North Side Camera" 

I haven't tried removing and re-adding the wrong one as I am not onsite at the moment. Anyone else faced a similar issue who managed to solve it without having to remove and add the camera?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
D4vy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the responses guys. Much appreciated. The issue seemed to have fixed itself when I checked about 4 hours later. Now it's showing the correct video feed. 

The only thing I did between creating this thread and now is switch between "Armed" and "Disarmed" modes once as I arrived at home. I was about to remove the "Indoor Camera" and add it again, but decided to check the feed before doing that and it was correct! I switched back to "Armed" and checked again and it was still OK. 

I'm not really sure what caused the issue in the first place. Smiley Indifferent

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
brh
Master
Master

@D4vy 

Have you checked the rules for the new camera - when the new camera detects motion the new camera will record video? My guess is that the rule is set to record on the other camera when it detects motion.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I tried searching for similar issues faced before, but I was unable to find an existing thread. I have an Arlo Ultra system with 6 cameras (originally purchased a 2 camera system and then added on 4 more cameras). I have been running 5 cameras with minimal issues for about a month now, and I added the 6th one yesterday. It worked okay for a few hours and now it shows the video feed from another camera that was already installed

Did you upgrade your service... the free of Basic level service only supports 5 cameras total... you can sync more but they are/will end up on the inactive list in settings. This could possibly be the issue. ( usu it just doesn't work )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

D4vy,

If you live stream the cameras, do they show the same live stream or is this only happening on the thumbnail and recordings?

As mentioned, check your rules with your active mode to make sure they are set up as desired.

JamesC

D4vy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the responses guys. Much appreciated. The issue seemed to have fixed itself when I checked about 4 hours later. Now it's showing the correct video feed. 

The only thing I did between creating this thread and now is switch between "Armed" and "Disarmed" modes once as I arrived at home. I was about to remove the "Indoor Camera" and add it again, but decided to check the feed before doing that and it was correct! I switched back to "Armed" and checked again and it was still OK. 

I'm not really sure what caused the issue in the first place. Smiley Indifferent

Thanks again!

D4vy
Aspirant
Aspirant

@brh I had the standard "Armed" mode active when I faced this issue and I  haven't made any changes to the rules in there. However, I do have a custom mode created with rules to trigger the alarm on the "Indoor Camera" when motion is detected on any of the other cameras. It works really well, but maybe that had to do something with it. 

@TomMac, I am on the 1 year free Premier plan that allows for up to 10 cameras. 

@JamesC, When I live streamed, both cameras were showing the exact live video stream. I even tried switching the spotlight on and off, on both devices on the Android app and the website and it turns the physical spotlight of the "North Side Camera". Smiley Frustrated

As I've mentioned in my previous post, the issue has fixed itself automatically. Thanks for your responses guys. Much appreciated. I will keep this thread posted if I face the issue again.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation