Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

GMT+3 (Israeli Daylight Saving Time) Timezone issues

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
alelas
Guide
Guide

The recordings are being saved with the timestamp of  3 hours earlier than my timezone.

I am on GMT+3 (Israeli Daylight Saving Time) and the recordings are being saved with the GMT time.

Also the schedule is not getting triggered at the desire time due to the same problem.

The Time Zone under Device Settings is (UTC+02:00) Jerusalem as needed.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the hub/base?

shemsha
Aspirant
Aspirant
Very similar problem in arlo pro. I am in Israel as well.
Library recordings does show up correctly but scheduling seems to follow UTC and not UTC+3. This is so annoying, especially since even if I try setting a schedule according to UTC timezone, things are also messy. No way for me to use the schedule. I did restart the base. It simply never worked.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

shemsha,

The schedule should adhere to the setup you've entered. Did you change the time zone settings after you setup schedule?

JamesC

alelas
Guide
Guide
Thank you James.
I found out that the problem is the specific time zone. In my case Jerusalem does not work as it should, so even if I change the time zone and reset back to Jersusalem it won’t work.
I was able to workaround this problem by selecting another time zone. I selected Moscow since we share the same time at this point of the year and the schedule worked ok!
I didn’t check the timestamps of the recordings yet but I assume those will be ok as well.
Please James, fix the issue with the Jerusalem time zone.
Thank you very much!
shemsha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Really weird. For now my workaround is to set the scheudle based on UTC time while my Arlo timezone is set on UTC+2 Jerusalem

alelas
Guide
Guide

I understand, and that's what I did before (scheudle based on UTC), but of course that wasn't much of a real workaround being very annoying. Try my approach (change to another time zone that matches our time) until arlo fix the Jerusalem timezone being wrongly computed as plain UTC.

I hope they will listen and take care of it giving a proper solution.

@shemsha you can contact me on private so I give you my phone if would like to talk about it.

shemsha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for this.

I will try your suggestion.

The weird thing is that the libary does show the correct timestamp, it's only the schedule that works according to UTC.

alelas
Guide
Guide

Oh! I see.

I haven't mentioned that actually I don't have a subscription plan, so I was talking about the timestamp of the localy recorded files at the memory card.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation