Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Time Frame for Siren in Armed Mode

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
WJefferson
Initiate
Initiate

Cameras should have the ability to activate Siren within a specific time frame. 

For example, my systems are always "armed" (in 2 different homes), but I don't want the Siren to go off because motion is detected when the mailman, UPS driver or visitor comes within range.  However, it would be nice to have the Siren activated within Rules (i.e. motion or sound) for increased risk time frames like 2am-6am.   Want it to be a deterrent to anyone or animal lurking around a window or backyard at 3am.  

It would be a cool option to setup a Rule to have a Siren activate and record video on motion within a specific timeframe when system is armed. 

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi WJefferson,

You should be able to choose the time you want to activate the siren by using the schedule mode and custom mode. You can read more about it here:

WJefferson
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the response but doesn't solve the program.  Looking to control the "time" of the responses within a Mode, not create a custom mode.

My cameras are always armed, unfortunately choosing a siren activation when motion is detected without the ability to control the time frame means the siren will go off whenever any motion is detected.  Not needed during the daytime hours, only in the middle of the night or any designation time frame window.  

Suggest a time frame option be added to the response of "siren" to activate on sound or motion ONLY during certain hours chosen by user instead of always being on when in "armed" mode.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WJefferson wrote:

Thanks for the response but doesn't solve the program.  Looking to control the "time" of the responses within a Mode, not create a custom mode.

I beg to differ.

Another way to achieve your goal is to create a custom mode that arms the cameras, but doesn't turn on the siren. Then create a schedule to use that mode when you don't want the siren, and to use the existing ARMED mode when you do want it.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation