Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Thumbnail but no video or notification

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
n11
Apprentice
Apprentice

The thumbnail below is from one of my 4 cameras as shown on the home screen of My.Arlo on a PC. It clearly shows an authorized pest control person who had walked into camera range from the left and then exited to the right (which took him farther out from the house and should have triggered something). I often have squirrels in the same area and they will trigger an event. The problem is I didn't get a notification and it wasn't in my library as viewed on the PC. I have three other cameras and all three had notifications and recordings as he circled the house. On my phone app neither the Cloud library nor the SmartHub library had any record of what was shown in the thumbnail. The reason there was a thumbnail was because I hadn't gotten any notifications for a while , wondered where he was, and took the camera live which created the thumbnail.

This camera shows events sometimes, has a two bar signal, has an activity zone that covers this area, and can be viewed live. This camera is not 100% reliable but it does work. I suppose I will be told to go through the normal steps and then I'll get a pat on the head and told to go away. But the reality is I'm tired of baby sitting this system. If my house is going to get broken into I hope I'm here to tell the burglar to wait just a minute while I remove the battery and reset.

image.png

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation