Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The NEW Arlo Ultra Hub Continually cycling!!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me with a Fix for this issue.

I have set-up the Arlo Ultra Smart Hub with 3 Arlo Ultra Cameras. For the first few days everything went along fine - with no issues. I have found that in the last 3 days suddenly the Smart Hub is constantly "cycling" from Flashing Orange to Green. This has happened numerous times and is, in fact, happening again whilst I am writing this piece.

The modem/Router that the Smart Hub is connected to is about 6 feet apart. I have tried resetting and restarting the Smart Hub but this issue continues to occur frequetly.

Hope someone can help please? This is very annoying for a Brand New Expensive System!!! 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any electronic device can have issues, especially when new. "Infant mortality" of electronics is well-known and is one reason for in-store swaps as well as a warranty. If you're sure the issue isn't your power or network, swap at the store. FIrst, however, I would check the cable between the base and router to ensure it's properly seated and try a different cable and router port. I would also reboot both the router and base, in that order.

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

My hub has done that often.  I believe it flashes orange when updating firmware.  

Is there a problem with the system other than the lights flashing?

Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi and Thanks for both replies.

I have moved my Ultra Hub approx. 10 inches - on the same table - and same line of sight to the Modem/Router (Approx 6 feet away). This was the original position that I had my previous hub when running Arlo Pro 2 Setup. The Orange Light has stopped cycling and I now have a constant Blue Light. I can't believe that moving the Hub 10 inches could make such a difference and honestly, I don't understand why this would be necessary?

I have now noticed that One of my cameras - which previously showed 2 Black Bars for signal strength when running an Arlo 2 Camera now has 1 Orange Bar. It now takes several attempts before I can live stream that camera.

I would have thought that the New Ultra Hub would be an improvement on the previous Hub - but this is not the case.

I can't move the Hub any closer to the Camera or move the actual camera closer to the Hub. It seems that having the latest Arlo Ultra Setup will cause me issues that I didn't have with the previous Arlo 2 Hub - and this is NOT acceptable after spending so much for the latest system.

I would appreciate anyone who could tell me that latest fiirmware for the Arlo Ultra Hub please. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blacky17557,

The latest firmware information can be found here: Release Notes

The orange LED doesn't always mean there is a problem with the SmartHub.An Orange LED on the SmartHub could indicate a connection issue with a camera. Take a look here for more information: What do the LEDs on my Arlo SmartHub or base station mean?

Moving the SmartHub may have improved the signal strength for some cameras and reduced it for others, which could be why you now have one camera with less signal strength.

With every environment being different regarding interference and signal strength, you could try using your pro base station alongside your SmartHub, locating it close to your pro cameras to improve their signal.

JamesC

Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi and Thanks James - appreciated!!

I only have the Smart Hub now - My New System is all Arlo Ultra.

I checked last night and all three cameras had a 2 Bar Signal Strength. I checked this morning and the third camera with the single orange bar - was off line.  I checked gain just then, some 5 mins later, and now it is showing 2 Bar Signal Strength?? My other 2 Cameras are showing 2 Bar and 3 Bar respectively.

Thanks for the information re Latest Firmware. My Smart Hub is up to date.

I see that the accessories for the Ultra are still not here in Australia? Some sites are advertising Pre-Order. Just wondering if you know when the ultra accessories will arrive in Australia?

Thanks again for your valuable assistance.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blacky17557,

I don't have availability information on accessories in AU but in NA many of the accessories are slated for availability on May 8th via Amazon. These release dates are subject to a lot of different factors including the specific retailer where they are made available, so I unfortunately don't have a 100% accurate date to give. If I find any more definitive information, i'll keep you posted.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation