Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Subscribed to CVR plan and lost my free Smart Premier subscription

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tc81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Very similar issue to

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Canceled-CVR-plan-and-lost-free-Premier-subscription/m-p/17... & https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Cancelled-CVR-plan-and-lost-my-free-Smart-Premier-subscript...

I bought my Arlo on August 2019 and today decided to add a CVR plan. After this I lost all my cloud recordings, my free premier plan was cancelled and the CVR plan didn’t even show up under my subscriptions. Spent ages with the tech support team who told me I was not subscribed to anything else even though I received a receipt.

I was told to try to cancel my subscription in the app which I did but instead of the car plan it’s canceled my smart premier plan which the customer support agent claimed I didn’t have to start with anymore. I still had some time left on my free plan. Hoping someone can help advise how I can get this back with CVR recording?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tc81,

I've opened and escalated a new ticket referencing the details you've provided here and in your original support ticket.

An agent will reach out to you with a resolution shortly. If you do not hear from an agent within 48 hours, please reach out to me in a private message.

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bbeagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Very similar to what happened to me last year. I bought my Arlo Ultras, added CVR, something wasn't working, the phone support person actually told me to UNSUBSCRIBE completely, then RE-SUBSCRIBE. I did. Lost my free trial. Not very many people were helpful except for the Arlo person looking over these message boards. Took me 3 months of constant calling / text messaging / emailing to get my money back. You have to be persistent. After 1 year, Arlo STILL has not fixed their policies or technology to fix something as easy as this.

tc81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, it was actually your thread that gave me solace that this could be fixed. I'm hoping James C will see this soon and respond. i don't understand how giving a firm money can be so difficult. I really do worry that they are going to go out of business with the sub-standard service we're getting. I love the product, but it's becoming more of a headache than it's worth. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tc81,

I've opened and escalated a new ticket referencing the details you've provided here and in your original support ticket.

An agent will reach out to you with a resolution shortly. If you do not hear from an agent within 48 hours, please reach out to me in a private message.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation