Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Spotlight randomly lighting up with no detection

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
spectrum1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

Something strange is happening. I am using a Ultra, 3 camera system and I've also got a PRO 3 added to it making 4 cameras in total. 

The pro 3 spotlight seem to flash now and then for no reason. for example it will turn on approx once each night, with no detection alert recorded, this PRO 3 is on the second floor so there is no reason for anything to be detected anyway so I'm confused why the white Spotlight would light up randomly. I know it's happening because it is triggering a Neos smartcam in the room next door.

I'm not sure if this is happening with any of the other 3 x Ultra cameras as they are on the ground floor. 

Thanks In advance.

Lawrence

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@spectrum1 wrote:

The pro 3 spotlight seem to flash now and then for no reason. for example it will turn on approx once each night, with no detection alert recorded,

Do you have activity zones enabled?  If so, try disabling them, and see if you get the missing alerts.

Cloud activity zones will surpress notifications and recordings when there is no motion inside the zone.  But the motion detection still occurs, and will turn on the spotlight.

Note if you have local storage in the base station, you should also see the missing recordings there (since they are saved whether they are in-zone or not).

One thing you could do is turn off the spotlight.  Nightvision would kick in at night, so you'd still get recordings. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've seen various cameras do this over the years. It typically turns the light (including the IR LEDs on cameras without a spotlight) on for a second or two. Doesn't seem to happen every day. I tend to think it's got something to do with the camera being checked for connection/firmware version/whatever but can't prove it.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation