Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smarthub VMB5000r5 connects live but not for local storage over wifi. Both work over cellular.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
reedstr
Tutor
Tutor

I have an Arlo smarthub vmb5000r5 with no cloud access but with a 2 gig chip for local storage.  when I'm out of the house I can view the cameras live and see, somewhat slowly, the library of recorded videos stored on the smarthub chip.  However, when I'm connected to the same network as the smarthub, either using an iphone or directly with a browser, I can view the cameras live but the library of recorded videos remains blank and eventually on the phone I get a message saying the videos are unavailable.  rebooting my phone does not help.   Any ideas?  The storage is not full.  the fact that using a browser with a local address for the smarthub  I can see a live feed but can not populate the library means the network is configured correctly.    The fact that both work fine over a cellular network means the storage chip is working.  The smarthub port forwarding status as reported on the iPhone ap  is green on cellular and a red exclamation point when on wifi but that shouldn't mean anything.  

4 REPLIES 4
reedstr
Tutor
Tutor

I see that you cannot see local recordings from a pc app so that part is solved.  However, the question remains why I can't see the library from the iphone arlo ap over wifi.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For starters, the current firmware requires a 16GB or larger SD card for local recordings. You state you have a 2GB card so that may the root of the problem although you should have gotten notice of the need at various points.

reedstr
Tutor
Tutor

sorry.  mistyped.  256gb.  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi reedstr,

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation