Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
awatto
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Ultra Smarthub is continually going offline. I have tried powering down, resetting and removing the device. Once the device is re added it goes offline again within the hour.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When offline, what is the hub's LED showing?

awatto
Aspirant
Aspirant
After turning power on the light goes orange for about 1 minute, then blue briefly, then alternates between blue and orange, then back to solid orange, then goes off. It then keeps going through the same sequence continually.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fastest thing to try, although a pain, is to remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh. I'd also press the reset button for >10 seconds until the LED flashes amber, too. Let the hub reboot to a solid blue LED and claim it fresh. Make sure you note all settings, modes, rules, etc. before doing this to speed the rebuild.

Hareluya
Guide
Guide
I’m having the same issue.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Hareluya,

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that jguerdat provided above?

Peggy_k
Guide
Guide
awatto
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried removing all devices, rebooting and re adding all devices multiple times, but the base station only connects still for a few minutes then goes offline. Pretty over it, not much point in having security cameras if they don’t work. I’m sure it went offline after a recent firmware update and hasn’t worked since.
Peggy_k
Guide
Guide
Same with me, started going offline after upgrade
Peggy_k
Guide
Guide
Have tried all the recommendations and installations over and over... and it goes back to offline within an hour
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're still having problems where your Base Station and/or camera goes offline, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation