Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
n11
Apprentice
Apprentice

In an effort to solve connection problems to my four Ultra cameras I'm thinking about buying a 2nd VMB5000 SmartHub (used). I'm in the US and my current model is a VMB5000 NA. Are there different hardware versions in the US or are all of them the same? Along the same lines have there been any hardware improvements after a certain serial number?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

There have been changes to both the base station and the cameras.  I exchanged my camera set and the new set came with a VMB5000r5 and my cameras are all H7 instead of H6 which is what I had before I did the exchange.  This was a few months ago so this may have changed even further since then. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

Not sure which is latest hardware but the VBM5000 came with the Ultra. The VNB4540 came with the later release of Pro3. The only difference is 5000 uses a SD card and the 4540 uses a USB for local recording. You can compare models here.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

n11
Apprentice
Apprentice

@dcfox1 

That's good and helpful information...thanks.

Still looking for info on whether there have been any hardware changes within the VMB5000 model number.

RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

There have been changes to both the base station and the cameras.  I exchanged my camera set and the new set came with a VMB5000r5 and my cameras are all H7 instead of H6 which is what I had before I did the exchange.  This was a few months ago so this may have changed even further since then. 

n11
Apprentice
Apprentice

@RafS 

That's exactly the information I was looking for (and what I suspected). Thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation