Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Base Station Local Storage Issues

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tsvbreedy
Tutor
Tutor

I have already read a number of post's with a similar issues, but there are a couple of slight differences or there is no resolve except for the hope that the Arlo support would take them seriously.

The main problem I have is with the local storage for the VMB5000 Ultra SmartHub, it has the latest firmware, I have tried a variety of micro SD cards that comply with the Arlo recommendations and I have also tried all the things recommended in the various community posts in this forum.

I seem to get a number of issues whenever I try to do anything in the local storage settings.  I always get the message "local storage was not properly ejected from SmartHub" and it will not format or change any of settings that I am trying to change; I have always ejected the SD card in accordance with Arlo's instructions so the SmartHub is the issue and that is also indicated in other post's.  I always seem to be getting: "We noticed that the SD card in your Arlo yyyyy is full. You will no longer be able to record video clips to the SD card. Please go to the Arlo mobile app to delete older activity and re-activate storage of new recordings", and even though I have auto overwrite engaged it still stops recording!

There are so many issues with this product and the support is not very helpful as every post has the same complaints over and over with no solutions offered and customers threatening to switch products.  I personally wish I had read the communities posts prior to purchasing, the product on paper looks really good and even if the Arlo team could/would actually come up with fixes as they are identified (instead of sitting back and just letting the community try to come up with work-around's), I would probably still be a fan of the product.

Please Arlo, start fixing your products and doing regular fixes/updates and start looking after your existing customers. 

Note: I am not writing this because I'm expecting any fixes (other posts show they don't happen), I'm writing this so anyone considering buying the system reads this and realises there are major faults in the product and are able to make a proper informed decision about purchasing it; instead of just going off the "this is an awesome system" sales pitch the various retailers and Arlo themselves pitch.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tsvbreedy,

The development team is investigating reports of the issues you describe here regarding local SD storage on the VMB5000. I do not have an ETA at this time for a resolution, but a fix is being prepared for release. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

winglessworrier
Tutor
Tutor

"local storage was not properly ejected from Smart Hub". VMB5000 Ultra Smart Hub.

I have the same problem.Purchased another Micro-SD card but had same issue.

I have contacted Arlo Support but still no resolution to the problem!!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation