Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Siren for single camera on schedule

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
FunDownUnder
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Due to some recent incidents from unwanted pests (human) at inconvenient times, I have a requirement to enable one of my Arlo ultra cameras Siren on a schedule each night.

I.E. One external camera only to activate siren on motion from midnight until morning 7AM.

I have looked but cannot find how to achieve this in the settings via rules. Again I do not want all cameras activating just one in a specific spot to warn off intruders.  

Many thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:
I don’t own an ultra but if it works the same as the Base station siren then when you’re editing the wanted camera rule in the wanted mode you need to add it from the new device option in that rule.
https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Actually with the Ultra there is an "Activate Siren" option in the "then do the following" part of the rule.

No need to "add device" in the rule, because the siren is in the camera.

@FunDownUnder:  If you want the siren to be activated on a schedule, you'll want to create custom mode(s) that include the activate siren option for this camera.  How many modes depends on what you want the other cameras to do.  If you aren't using the schedule now, then just create a custom version of "armed" - copying all the rules in armed, but activating the siren for the ultra.

Then schedule "armed" when you want the siren off, and the custom mode when you want it on.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
I don’t own an ultra but if it works the same as the Base station siren then when you’re editing the wanted camera rule in the wanted mode you need to add it from the new device option in that rule.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:

Actually with the Ultra there is an "Activate Siren" option in the "then do the following" part of the rule.

No need to "add device" in the rule, because the siren is in the camera.

@FunDownUnder:  If you want the siren to be activated on a schedule, you'll want to create custom mode(s) that include the activate siren option for this camera.  How many modes depends on what you want the other cameras to do.  If you aren't using the schedule now, then just create a custom version of "armed" - copying all the rules in armed, but activating the siren for the ultra.

Then schedule "armed" when you want the siren off, and the custom mode when you want it on.

FunDownUnder
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. I have tested this and this is working now.

The logic for this setting was hard to follow in terms of setup. Thanks again.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation