Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vimalcbhatt
Follower
Follower

I live in India and during my recent trip to US, bought the latest Arlo package containing 4 Ultra cameras and a base station VMB5000.  In India, Arlo does not support cloud subscription plans so i have to rely on local storage ONLY.

1. First of all thanks for allowing me access to video clips stored on my base station local storage library, using my android application. It is a great relief.  However, this same feature is not available through browser if i login to my.arlo website. THis is strange and a major shortcoming. Why do i HAVE to access only using my mobile app to view the recordings?

2. I have granted access to all the devices to my friend who when logged in using her own id, is not able to view the option to select locally stored clips on my base station. So she can not view the clips at all.

I dont have cloud recording option enabled as it is not allowed in my country. 

Can someone help? Arlo team, are you listening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

vimalcbhatt,

1. Direct Storage Access is only available on mobile devices at this time.

2. Direct Storage Access is only available for the primary account holder, users with granted access will not have access to this feature.

I do not have any information on whether or not these will be future enhancements but I will pass your feedback along to the development team.

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

vimalcbhatt,

1. Direct Storage Access is only available on mobile devices at this time.

2. Direct Storage Access is only available for the primary account holder, users with granted access will not have access to this feature.

I do not have any information on whether or not these will be future enhancements but I will pass your feedback along to the development team.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation