Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SD card storage

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Shameonyou
Tutor
Tutor

I am extremely disappointed in how such a big company and supposed hook of cloud storage gets people to buy their product and still have to pay a subscription to be able to use your cameras. It is appalling that other companies are doing a better job with easier ways to have the option of using cloud storage or your own storage but I guess it’s just about making money is it not?! Such a big proud company should be happy that people want their product and not use ways of exploiting more money out of their customers that where originally attracted to the product on the notion of no subscriptions.!! It is good to know that smaller companies actually do care a little more and are doing thing that even a huge company like Arlo is not doing just for a few more bucks!! If you actually cared about the consumer and your products it wouldn’t be this way!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Shameonyou wrote:
I am extremely disappointed in how such a big company and supposed hook of cloud storage gets people to buy their product and still have to pay a subscription to be able to use your cameras.

You don't have to pay to use your cameras.

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shameonyou
Tutor
Tutor
I am extremely disappointed in how such a big company and supposed hook of cloud storage gets people to buy their product and still have to pay a subscription to be able to use your cameras. It is appalling that other companies are doing a better job with easier ways to have the option of using cloud storage or your own storage but I guess it’s just about making money is it not?! Such a big proud company should be happy that people want their product and not use ways of exploiting more money out of their customers that where originally attracted to the product on the notion of no subscriptions.!! It is good to know that smaller companies actually do care a little more and are doing thing that even a huge company like Arlo is not doing just for a few more bucks!! If you actually cared about the consumer and your products it wouldn’t be this way!!!
Shameonyou
Tutor
Tutor
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Shameonyou wrote:
I am extremely disappointed in how such a big company and supposed hook of cloud storage gets people to buy their product and still have to pay a subscription to be able to use your cameras.

You don't have to pay to use your cameras.

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation