Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Room Monitoring Application

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tminus5
Follower
Follower
Anyone have any feedback good or bad on potential use of the Ultra cams for room Monitoring where we are recording the interaction of people (parents and kids) in a room for an hour and then needing to export the observed visit to a cloud or local archive?

I have Arlo Pro 2 cams we use for monitoring currently and would love to use Ultras for this application with 2 or 3 cams per visit room in lieu of a 8 camera security NVR system that would have me pulling cat 5 wiring etc.

Not sure if interface would allow easy exporting of the same 60 minute block of time from each camera.. as long as it can I could use a video processing app to smash the videos into a single composite video of the 2-3 cam feeds.
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Ultras work the same as the Pro cameras for this usage. You could subscribe to CVR for 24/7 recording but to have a local copy would require positioning the timeline and using screen capture software to record. It can only be done at 1x so would take an hour to locally record that session.

Edit: I haven't tried this but I wonder if the Ultra could be used in live view and manually record the whole session. This would require AC power and may not work since the app/web may time out at some point. It used to work on the Q cameras but I think it was disabled due to very large files being stored on the servers.

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

@Tminus5  I would look at a powered camera with an SD card slot.  There are models with a web interface so you could log into the browser and press record when the action starts and then copy the recordings from the SD card to a computer when you're done.  You could use NVR software on a laptop or PC for convenience, but it would not be strictly needed.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation