Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jimalex1957
Aspirant
Aspirant

Three  calls to Arlo Customer Service and no resolve.  They will replace  the base hub but here is the  problem:

Base Hub cannot connect to wifi.  Ethernet is plugged directly into Mediacom modem (LAN 2).  Then tries to connect to my RockSpace Mesh system but cannot make the connection.  Solid blue light on basehub.  All my other devices are working fine on the wifi...what gives? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem that this is due to the base getting a second IP address from your ISP rather than your router. Plug the cable into a router port so the base is on your internal network. If you don't have any additional ports on your router, a switch or WiFi extender may be needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem that this is due to the base getting a second IP address from your ISP rather than your router. Plug the cable into a router port so the base is on your internal network. If you don't have any additional ports on your router, a switch or WiFi extender may be needed.

Jimalex1957
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are in business..I simply plugged it into one of the mesh routers downstairs and the hub immediately found it.  Arlo please take notice..hire this guy.  He could have  saved me three phone calls and you sending me a new device (which I will send back). 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No thanks. I'm retired IT and have no desire whatsoever to ever work again.  🙂

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation