Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

Where do i find the release notes? I want to know more that "bug fixes" Which bugs are now fixed/solved and so on?

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@jsturess wrote:

Where do i find the release notes? I want to know more that "bug fixes" Which bugs are now fixed/solved and so on?

Release notes for what?

Many companies will not tell you what bugs they have fixed. There are good reasons for this.

If someone says "we fixed this bug", that invites naughty people to find ways to use that bug to attack people who have not updated their firmware.

The only time when you may see this information is when there is a worldwide scare about a famous threat. In those circumstances it reassures customers and warns the villains that they needn't bother trying to get through this widely known hole.

Oh, and knowing what bugs are fixed is of little use to end users.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote: knowing what bugs are fixed is of little use to end users.

Actually I'd also like to see more information on what was fixed - especially when issues that are reported here are addressed.  Then we can confirm that the fix resolves our issues, and if it doesn't we can follow up.

Personally I think some more information would give assure end users that Arlo is listening/responding.

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

I to would like to see more detail on "bug fixes". It helps to trouble shoot issues if you know what's changed recently or recheck known issues that were allegedly fixed.

@michaelkenward not all bug fixes are security fixes which of course should be light on detail. IIRC, generally they are noted as "security fixes" any way. But others should absolutely have more details IMHO.

I'd also like to see some notification and detail of back end server updates as well. That definitely changes but there is no notification apart from possible mention in the forums.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation