Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recommend the best economical & easiest to setup wifi router to use with Arlo Ultra system?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Good afternoon everyone, I am currently using my  Verizon FIOS G1100 wireless router with my Arlo Ultra system and since Arlo support has been able to determine my issues with the mode going from 'armed' to 'getting information' which renders the system useless until I reboot the base station via the app.

Can someone recommend a economical wifi router that is the easiest to setup with the Arlo system and has proven track record working and can use dedicated for my Arlo Ultra system?

The two cameras I have are only 15 feet from the base station so I am not super concerned about long distance.

I will leave the current VZW FIOS wifi router and just plug the new Wifi router ethernet port into the FIOS router so everything else in our house will continue to use that Wifi.

thank you for your opinions in advance!

1 REPLY 1
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

First, have you talked to Verizon, non of them let you know when equipment has been updated.  We've gone into AT&T just to ask a quesion and found they came out with new plans and equip 2-3 years ago.  Just upped my wi-fi this year and the service guy said no longer even have the modem/router we were using.  I'd start there.  Since you only intend to dedicate it to Arlo you won't need a lot of bells and whistles but I would be sure it does 2.4 and 5 ghz since Arlo uses both.  I would also look at it's through put speed since you will be using it for video and whatever you get, if it supports QOS, turn it on and set it to optimize for streaming video.  I have an Asus now but have always had Netgear in the past and never had a issue.  

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation