Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Rich_C
Guide
Guide

I received 2 erroneous push notifications today from my Ultra camera and the Mode setting being used does not have push notifications enabled. I'm beyond DONE with Arlo! Your technical issues are consistent and simply unacceptable!

And go figure... the camera just sent me another notification while typing this message. That's 3 now within the last 30 minutes!!!!!!!!!!

#junk #useless

16 REPLIES 16
Jann3
Tutor
Tutor

For me, that friday fix worked very well and unwanted notifications stopped... until now. Few minutes ago the notification spam started again even if the notifications are off. Arlo devs, please check this again.

Btw. Its almost 1 month now with this issue with Arlo Ultra. Minimum what I expect from your side, is to extend the smart subscription with 1 month, or more depending how long this issue takes time.

Few months more, and you don't have many subscriptions to extend. Thank you.

hr_gr
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem was fixed a few days ago but as of about 1 hour ago I receive again push notifications on the app although they are disabled for that camera.  

This is extremely frustrating. Having paid more than 1000 EUR, I expect a system I can actually use as designed. 

How bad is Arlo's back-end development and testing really? 

Cobra99
Star
Star

There we go again with the push notifications. It was fixed some days ago, now it seems broken again. It seems that you have to fix it again Arlo team.

Rich_C
Guide
Guide
Same here. The fix late last week worked for a couple of days and then the problem started back up again, receiving Push Notifications when they are in fact disabled for any given camera (per Mode settings).

My Case Number: 41747562 is currently being worked on by Arlo Technical Support.
Mickiwul
Star
Star
Arlo think they have fixed the issue from the other treah that has suddently been closed, but i have recived motion notifications again and no i have not activated all motion, i only have people in smart notifications.

@Arlo tou cant close a thread that has not yet been solved, this is shamefull of you and i send my biggest critics of you handeling this whole case of wrong notifications. We should all be compensated, we sre sll paying for smart notifications but the service dosent work.

I recieved my last motion alert 10 min ago 09.26 cet +1.

I cant beleive i am still using this product. I think i will sell this crap product with this crap service with low end developers and almost no support. 0 stars on customer satisfaction omfg
hr_gr
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JessicaP @JamesC could you kindly provide us with some information on why this is happening again and when you intend to have it fixed?  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're having problems with your notifications, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Dlearious
Guide
Guide

Confirmed this worked for a couple of days after the previous fix was implemented but this has come back again in the last couple of days.

This thread needs to be re-opened as it is now reoccurring:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Notifications-all-over-the-place-even-though-they-are-unche...

EB_Norway
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JessicaP, it does not help. They have no knowledge and gives false info.
Mickiwul
Star
Star
This tread has the same issue
https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Received-2-erroneous-push-notifications-today-from-Ultra-Do...

@JessicaP

Start fixing the problem and start listening to your customers, do you think that we all 100 persons should create a ticket about the same problem?? That is ignorance and arrogance, and that does not suit a former netgear company.
Jann3
Tutor
Tutor

Ticket created to your system, if this helps somehow. I have my doubts...

Is this concerning all the Arlo Ultra users, or is this local problem in some areas? Is here anyone whose Arlo Ultra is working properly right now without false notifications? Just for asking, because we won't get any information about this matter from Arlo...

Rich_C
Guide
Guide
Sent to me this morning:

Hello Rich,

Your case has been updated.

Your Case Details
Case Number: 41747562
Subject: Customer is getting push notifications for the ARLO Ultra cameras even if he turns off the notifications.

Case Update
Hi Rich,

Good day!

I already forwarded your case to our engineering team. We are just waiting for the update, as soon as we receive update we will contact you back.

Thank you for your cooperation and thank you for choosing Arlo!

Kind regards,

Jayson
Arlo level 2 Support
hullzy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Started again for me as well. After I was advised of the background fix, notifications worked normally for about 5 days.

Began getting generic motion notifications again a couple days ago. I have all other types selected for people, animal or vehicle but I don't want all other motion and have them turned off on all my cameras. the notifications also come several minutes after known motion from people or vehicles. Makes it difficult to trust this system.

Dlearious
Guide
Guide
Ive noticed the delays for the erroneous motion notifications too.
sarometal
Guide
Guide

Same here ...

was fixed for a few days and now again a lot of unwanted messages ....

Al_FR-153
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am new to the forum, new to Ultra, in-fact, mine is still on order and awaiting Arlo to ship.  BUT..... I comment with 62 years in electronics and 45 plus years in computer hardware service and service management, including 2 years in Tech Support (not Arlo) and happily retired.  Very few Arlo personnel are even seeing your comments here on the forum.  Why, because they don't look.  To get the attention of the Technical Support, swamp them with the problem.  Yes, open a service ticket, all of you.  When the managers of Technical Support see a hundred complaints on the same problem, the squeaky wheel is going to get greased sooner.  I wish that this could be made a 'sticky' for all of the issues that I have read about here on the forum, for until Arlo management wakes up and reads the forum, the only option we have is the 'big stick' (a hundred service tickets). 

As for this issue with the returning of the push notifications, I might add something to help you understand the problem better.  I am not going to make the software weenies happy here, but before they respond they need to check their own underwear before they complain about the stink.  Software today is written in modules and not by the same individuals.  One writer will be working on push notifications, while another is working on live date lag time (another problem here on the forum).  They may not be in the same building, same city or even the same country.  They test their software when they patch (upon patch, upon patch) but never check to see what Charlie is doing on his work.  Collectively, the patches are pulled together and a firmware update is released.  Notice, that there is no indication that all of the collected patches are tested to see that there is no interference with Charlies input, or Frank's, or Joann's, etc.  That is a common problem in software releases today and for the past 40 years or so.  Testing is being done by the customer.....us.  If we find an issue, we have to report it back to the correct place. 

Having torqued the jaws of Tech Support and Software Development, I'll get off my soap box and say again.....Open a Tech Support Ticket. 

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation