Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Purchased CostCo ARLO pack that comes with 1 year free subscription and getting charged

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JackSanta
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased an ARLO Ultra 5 camera pack from CostCo online (Model: VMS5541C-100NAS). The purchase of this package includes 1 year of ARLO Smart Premier service with it for free. This began the problem as there was no documents on how to set up the year of free service so I contacted support in September of this year (2019). I was told they would have to add my credit card, charge it monthly and refund my money monthly as well. So on 9-26-19 after speaking with them in the chat and on the phone they set this up. Come October 22, 2019 I was charged as I expected the $9.99 and assumed the refund would come shortly after as a responsible company would do after telling a customer they would. On October 27, after no receiving a refund yet I contacted support about getting it. I was assured it would be handled. 

Now in November I decide to check to see if they actually did refund the $9.99. It  was November 15, 2019 and I checked back through my statements to 10-22-19 and saw they had not refunded my money as promised. This is 18 business days after they had charged me which I think is a bit absurd that no refund took place so I again contacted Support who told me they would take care of it. I contacted support again who said it had been refunded. I double and triple checked my credit card statements and there was no refund of money. I received an email from Support asking for my credit card statements to prove I was not refunded (which I found a bit invasive and insulting but did so anyways). After uploading two copies of the statements to their system I was contacted a few days later being told that if they did not hear from me they would close the case. I finally had it and contacted my bank and told them that ARLO is refusing to refund the money and to challenge the charge to which they were awesome at and did so right away. 

I was just billed again today on 11-21-19 and fear that I will go another month of being charged and not refunded as promised. I am wondering what can be done to fix this as support has not done anything to get my money back to me and I do not want to keep contacting my financial institution to challenge these charges due to ARLO refusing to return my money. Anyone else have this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JackSanta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good news!

They followed through this month. Only 10 more months to go. I hope they continue to keep their word. Thank you for your input folks. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you still have a support ticket number, perhaps post it here so the mods can escalate.

JackSanta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the input. I am once again on the phone with them regarding this issue and have a few case numbers of where they told me it was handled: 41266102, 41227504, and 41139635. They have assured me today they have handled it and sent an email stating a refund has been processed. A check of my credit card statement says otherwise but I'll give them a few business days before I assume I was lied to again as it can take some time to process. *Crossing fingers* 

robpickering
Tutor
Tutor

Just dispute the charges on the credit card and let them work it out.

JackSanta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good news!

They followed through this month. Only 10 more months to go. I hope they continue to keep their word. Thank you for your input folks. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation