Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Purchased 4th camera but shows AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device error

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jessica P./Arlo Support,

I bought a VMB5000 Hub with 3 cameras combo a couple of months ago and they have been working flawlessly.

I bought a 4th camera last week and am getting this message that a lot of folks are at the moment, "AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled." This is only happening on the new camera. The only difference I see is the new one is hardware version 8 while the other 3 cameras are version 6. Another weird thing is that these are wireless cameras and never connect to power.

Another item of note is that when I installed the new camera, the Arlo Hub updated to the latest firmware. Are there any indications that the hub firmware update and this AC error message are related?

All cameras show active in Smart Notifications

Hub
HW Version VMB5000r4
Firmware 1.16.1.3_510_1a608c1

New Camera
HW Version H8
Firmware 1.070.50.3_216_cfb9b8d

Original 3 cameras

HW Version H6
Firmware 1.070.50.3_216_cfb9b8d

Model: VMC5040 | Arlo Ultra Wire-Free Camera
Highlighted
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey SteveS_66,

Are you seeing this camera showing active under Smart notifications through the web client on your computer? Could you provide a screenshot that shows that your camera is under active under Smart notifications from the Arlo app on your phone device and the web client on your computer?

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Smart Notifications are enabled for the new camera which is named, "415".  I've attached screenshots from both the phone and PC.

PhonePhoneComputerComputer

Highlighted
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, I'm also experiencing the same issue.

I purchased a new Ultra add-on camera and in the web portal it is showing the alert icon for AC power is disconnected and Activity zones are currently disabled.

The new camera is also hardware version H8 but I also have three other cameras, 2x H7 and 1x H8 which don't have this problem. The only difference between the two H8's is the one with the issue is connected to the Arlo solar panel.

Model: VMB5000 | Arlo Ultra SmartHub, VMC5040 | Arlo Ultra Wire-Free Camera
Highlighted
Apprentice
Apprentice

I forgot to add that the new camera is participating in my Arlo subscription on both the phone app and with in the web portal

Model: VMB5000 | Arlo Ultra SmartHub, VMC5040 | Arlo Ultra Wire-Free Camera
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good Luck Trinatron. My best guess is that we won't see a fix until the next Hub firmware update.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jessica P./Arlo Support,

During the past day or so, my hub updated from Firmware 1.16.1.3_510_1a608c1 to Firmware 1.16.1.4_550_7655954.

Now instead of just the new camera not working for activity zones, all cameras with activity zones are showing the "AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled." error. I have one camera not showing the error now and that's because it's the only one I didn't set an activity zone.

Any updates from the Arlo side on this?   Thanks.

REF CASE #41663649

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Support,

I haven't seen any more firmware updates to resolve this issue. Are you any closer to a solution on this?

Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation