Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of my ultra's is only recording 4k at 3040x1712

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
scoti55
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I have Arlo Ultra with 2 cameras, both cameras are on the latest firmware. I don't have the addon to record 4k in the cloud - only 4k to an SD card.

Both cameras are set to record in 4k but when I check the recorded files on the SD card one of the cameras is recording at 3840x2160 (proper 4k), the other is recording at 3040x1712. I have no idea why this would be. Can someone please advise.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
scoti55
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you both. Turns out one of them had an activity zone set by accident (I think), wiped that and all good again.

Cheers

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked the Video settings re power management??

Captureultra.JPG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
scoti55
Tutor
Tutor

yip, both cameras are set to best video, both cameras have identical settings

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Any other settings different?  like tracking , width of cam view ?? FW versions??

try and reset the troubled camera....

pull battery and then replace, remove the camera and bring back as if new.

Morse is faster than texting!
KarlisK
Tutor
Tutor

Hey scoti55,

I had the same situations some months ago. I had 4 cameras, configuration was the same for all cameras.

From the very beggining, one camera made recordings in strange resolutions, about 75%-85% from 4K, like Your camera.

We tried many tips&triks advised by support stuff, reseting camera, placing camera in different position etc.  

Nothing helped. Thenafter Arlo support replace "defective" camera with the new one. No problems with new camera

for many months, proper 4k recording.

scoti55
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you both. Turns out one of them had an activity zone set by accident (I think), wiped that and all good again.

Cheers

Ewf2001
Guide
Guide

Hi, just wondering, can you detect motion when you remove the activity zone?

I have a problem with three of my four camera's that are not recording in 4K. I have bought the extra 4k recording plan but only one camera is recording in 4K. I tried to remove the activity zone but then i get a message that i need to create one because without it won't do smart messages.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ewf2001 wrote:

Hi, just wondering, can you detect motion when you remove the activity zone?

Yes.  You will have to put up the nagging on setting up the activity zones though.

@Ewf2001 wrote:

I have a problem with three of my four camera's that are not recording in 4K.

Obviously check that they all enabled in your subscription.  Also make sure that auto zoom is turned off.  Maybe make sure that video quality is set to "best". 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation