Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Old phone causing geofencing problem

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ThomasWinther
Aspirant
Aspirant

My 2nd phone in geofencing appears twice (my girlfriend has used the same name for her old and new phone). This causes problems for the geofencing functionality since this phone is lost and hence will never leave the zone. 

I have deleted the old phone in iCloud, taken a new backup of the new phone, renamed the new phone, tried all combinations of ticking the phones on and off and reinstalled both apps. Still Arlo insists on the old phone being linked to the new phone which means that when the new phone is ticked on or off, the old phone automatically follows (I am not able to create a setup where only the new phone is ticked on). 

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ThomasWinther wrote:

I have deleted the old phone in iCloud, taken a new backup of the new phone, renamed the new phone, tried all combinations of ticking the phones on and off and reinstalled both apps. 

Did you disable geofencing for the old phone using the procedure here: https://kb.arlo.com/1096229/How-do-I-add-and-manage-multiple-mobile-devices-for-geofencing

ThomasWinther
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen,

Unfortunately the old phone is lost and I cannot perform setup on it...

Best, Thomas

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ThomasWinther wrote:

Unfortunately the old phone is lost and I cannot perform setup on it...

But you don't need the old phone, and you don't need to set up anything on it.  The first steps in the kb article is

1. Log in to the Arlo App on your mobile device.

So read it again.

ThomasWinther
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen, 

I have performed the steps disabling the old phone. The problem is that the old phone is somehow linked to the new phone. So when I remove the check mark of the old phone, Arlo automatically removes the check mark of the new phone - and vica verca...

Best, Thomas

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ThomasWinther wrote:

I have performed the steps disabling the old phone. The problem is that the old phone is somehow linked to the new phone. So when I remove the check mark of the old phone, Arlo automatically removes the check mark of the new phone - and vica versa...

Thx for clarifying.  You might need support's help to sort this out.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation