Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifications not working on Shared account

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mjmetzler
Aspirant
Aspirant

My notifications (Main account) are working to my android phone.  My wife's shared account (iphone) stopped working.  Not sure why.  Tried rebooting and reinstalling software.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mjmetzler,

The app needs to be running, even if it's minimized, on the mobile device to receive notifications. Some mobile devices will automatically close idle apps for battery or data preservation, if this is happening with the Arlo app, this will cause notifications to cease when the app isn't active. Check your mobile device settings and make sure the Arlo mobile app is not being closed when idle.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mjmetzler,

Is your wife's mobile app active and logged in on her device? 

JamesC

mjmetzler
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not sure what you mean by active.  She looks at the library daily, like myself.  We both have to log in when we view anything in the app. 

As an update, she has received intermittent notifications.  I get a notification for every time a camera records a motion alert.  She may get 1 in 5. She was not getting them at all until I removed the app and reinstalled it. Maybe something on her phone is blocking the notifications?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mjmetzler,

The app needs to be running, even if it's minimized, on the mobile device to receive notifications. Some mobile devices will automatically close idle apps for battery or data preservation, if this is happening with the Arlo app, this will cause notifications to cease when the app isn't active. Check your mobile device settings and make sure the Arlo mobile app is not being closed when idle.

JamesC

mjmetzler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I think this worked!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation