Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
talv
Guide
Guide

In the last 2 days there is no fast forward bar or enlarge screen icon or zoom icon on my library videos. I use laptop and tried 3 different browsers and restarted. Was working fine 2 days ago for a long time. I have changed nothing. Please help.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

There has been an update that should resolve this issue. Please open your browser clear the cache and test again. Please let me know if you still experience any further issues.

Thank you 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

While we work to resolve this issue, you can try this temporary workaround that should help with the full screen issue. While playing a recording you can use the following commands:
    Mac: option+enter
    Windows: alt+enter

85 REPLIES 85
N4QMI
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the information. I will try that.

jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

"..It appears to be happening to folks using the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view videos since it works fine for me on the new one (and looks very different compared to the screenshot). I'd suggest opening a case by using Settings, Support.."

That makes no sense.
I have no control over the user interface.
How can I have a different one than what you're seeing?
It's just a URL in a web browser; https://my.arlo.com/#/login
Is there a new page address I'm not aware of?

Cuniberti
Initiate
Initiate

Same here - the last few days without the progress bar - going to full screen doesn't fix the issue.

janiceasad
Star
Star

Now when arlo contacts me through email i try and write back at least 5 times and it will not let me update the case.   I get an undeliverable address.  I just cant believe all this.   I cant see good and need the enlarge button very bad.  I dont know what i am going to do.

janiceasad
Star
Star

Really will you.  I cant see my videos because I have to enlarge them from the tool bar.  Will someone please call me.   You cannot answer the email because it says it will not go through.   Thank you    #43527858

RHTATER
Aspirant
Aspirant

Timeline and Full Screen for camera videos disappeared a few days ago, from both Edge and Chrome.

Were these features deleted in June 14 firmware update?

RHTATER
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem, here. Neither Edge nor Chrome provide timeline as of a few days ago. Samsung tablet unchanged.

jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

May as well chine in here.
I'm seeing this behavior as well.
It began with one of the last updates, dated 6/8.
During clip playback, the playback controls are missing from under the picture area.
I no longer see a progress bar or a full-screen icon.

..and FWIW, it's happening across all browsers (Edge, Chrome and Firefox) on two different PC's, so clearly it's an Arlo issue...

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Same here. And it's 99.9% on Arlo's end, no matter what they say.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I started this thread and instead of waiting for a fix, I am downloading all the videos to a folder to view, then keep the ones I want to keep.  You can download all at the same time, just takes a minute, then you can fast forward them, you can't enlarge, though.  I did find that one of my videos was only 1 second long last night at 3:42 a.m. EST.  Not sure if Arlo was trying to fix at that time.  I was hoping.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect this is an issue with the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view videos. I'm on the new UI and have no issues with this. If you have a subscription, you could report this to official support using Settings, Support.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you've been following these forums, you'll understand that Arlo is phasing in a new UI due to the introduction of the security system. SO far they haven't forced everyone to migrate but that will happen at some point.

If you want to migrate, choose to add the Pro 5 or security system even though you have neither. The first step is to migrate your account to the new UI after which you can back out of the bogus install. Be aware there's no going back to the old UI so set aside time to go through the whole UI to learn where things are and how they operate. There's only 3 default modes and no ability to add more custom modes so you have to use those to do what you want.

jcbrooks24
Tutor
Tutor

Is there anything I can do to help with this?  I do not have a subscription.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would appear that Arlo has to fix it. I would think it's a backend issue.

Trooper0546
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem this is the first sign that it's not my stuff they need to fix this or its a useless setup and I will buy something else.  it could be the end of ARLO.

Trooper0546
Guide
Guide

They say hit alt enter but that just goes from small to big.  No way to do anything with video. Not any help.  TY

Trooper0546
Guide
Guide

Empty Cache is always the answer.  NOT.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

The fix has been identified and an update will be coming very soon. I will provide another update as soon as it's been deployed. 

Rainat
Star
Star

Great news! I will believe it when i see it. I was starting to think this was part of the EOL...

I would of switched to another brand if that was the case.

danshoeco
Initiate
Initiate

Hi. Yes I discovered that same problem here and have been searching for what the heck to do to get it back and running. So far, no joy!

Daver11111
Guide
Guide

Today 6-21-2023 It works now !   Thanks !  

jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's working here now as well.
- v4.5.2_1

Rainat
Star
Star

Not working for me. 

Rainat
Star
Star
I closed my browser then tried again...it is working.

Trooper0546
Guide
Guide