Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is anyone else having an issue with the new iOS app released yesterday where every time you go into the “Mode” tab all hubs just get stuck on “getting information”??

The only way I’ve found to fix it is to uninstall and reinstall the app from the App Store - which is annoying as you have to go through all the default prompts and app authorizations every time you do it. That only fixes the issue for one or two logins before it’s stuck on the same issue again.

I’m using an iPhone XS Max on iOS 12.4.1 and the new Arlo app v 2.8 (not the old legacy app)
42 REPLIES 42
MVM
Tutor
Tutor
Any update on this? Time is ticking.
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Good luck on getting Arlo to care. I’m waiting too so I can finally got to iOS 13 and I’m stuck on iOS 12 until they figure it out 😢😢😢😢
ClaudioYYZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue.  Very frustrating - not ISP, all lights green...never had this issue over 3 years - but download new APP and presto - nothing works as it’s always “getting information”.   Signs of things to come from independent Arlo???  

TimMyers
Aspirant
Aspirant

Push notifications don't work in iOS 13.1... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mandatoryswe
Tutor
Tutor
Ok looks there are more severe issues with this, I also notice now that the cameras do not detect motion all the time, and thus do not record all events like they used to. I have uninstalled the new app and will run the legacy app, which I expect will be made available until the new app is working.
Momo2368
Guide
Guide
I have the same issues where app gets stuck getting info about the mode that it is on. I have uninstalled the legacy but it still does not work. If anyone can help. They should really test this feature before deploy it to production. I have so many other issues with the whole system, I might switch to nest next year.
brh
Master
Master

@Momo2368,

currently I have both apps loaded. When I need to arm/disarm my system, I have to use the Legacy app.

Brian

Frencj1
Aspirant
Aspirant
My iPhone just updated to the new Arlo software and both my wife and I are having problems accessing the mode option to arm & disarm the system. It stays on updating information.
robertgc
Aspirant
Aspirant

After downloading the new app I can not use my phone to change ararm status (switch it on and off). When I go to alarm status it only say "getting information" and nothing happens. Everything else is working, I can see the cameras, see the old alarm in library. But I can not turn the alarm on or off.
If I use a computer and log this function works, so it is only on the phone. The last app worked as well, but not after the update to the new app.

Jimlyman68
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue only the legacy app will let me change modes, it is getting stuck at the getting information 

This needs to be fixed before the old app is  terminated otherwise This expensive system will be useless

Please help !!!!

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Any updates on this? I got a notification form several other app vendors for apps I use stating that Apple is updating to iOS 13 soon and that they are ready for the big transition.

With the release of iOS 13 and the documented notification issues with the new Arlo app - is there any resolution yet?
LaurenceBevan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've updated to the new Arlo app on my iPhone. When I go to the Mode tab my devices statuses (Arlo Basestation and Arlo Bridge) both are showing as "getting information" and that's where it sits. If I close and reopen the app several times, it might connect. This means I can't change the status manually.

I had no problem with the previous Legacy app, please fix it!!!

LB.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Mobile app version 2.9 is now available for iOS supporting iOS13 and resolving the issue. Please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app downloaded from the app store.

For more information take a look at the release notes and knowledge base articles below:

Arlo iOS App - 2.9 - 19th September 2019

Will I need to reconfigure any settings after downloading the new Arlo app?

Why do I need to download a new Arlo app?

Why am I not receiving Arlo notifications on my iOS device?

JamesC

brh
Master
Master

Just to clarify or add to what you posted, with the new app, I am no longer seeing the "getting information" messages.

Brian

Stahl101
Guide
Guide

It seems to work, great job 👍🏻

DC41
Initiate
Initiate
Works like a Swiss watch. Thanks for the quick turnaround.
MVM
Tutor
Tutor
Deleted legacy app. Added new app. Working on iOS 12 and iOS 13. Cheers.
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice

Working great now - ever since I installed iOS 13.1 and the new app - its no longer getting stuck on "getting information"..... Thanks!