Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion notification sent but no recording on Ultra

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
KamloopsPeter
Follower
Follower

I am getting motion notifications on my iOS devices but there are no recordings. This camera is plugged in all the time. Firmware is all up to date and it just seems to be the one camera out of three. Anybody have any ideas why this would happen?

7 REPLIES 7
Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi.

If you have a good look around this Forum Site you will see that there are numerous people having the same issue.

It would appear that Arlo have a MAJOR ISSUE and have had for several months now.

Notifications by the dozen but NO VIDEO FOOTAGE.

I am so sure that Arlo know about this issue - but instead of resolving it - they wait until people complain - and then ask you to follow their script and complete tasks over and over again - with the same result - NOTHING DONE!!

I am looking at other Camera Systems now as I have so had enough of Arlo.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, do you have a subscription? The Ultras (and any Arlo camera newer than the Pro 2) require a sub to record to the cloud. You can record locally to a microSD card properly configured in the hub and use the app to see the recordings.

Next, are you using Arlo Smart? Have you checked the settings for the cameras? Perhaps deactivate them in Settings, Smart Notifications to see if that changes anything.

Lastly, I have a sub and use Smart and am getting everything needed.

Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi and Thanks for your reply.

I don't have a subscription and I feel very strongly that this is just another way that Arlo keep taking $$$ from people and refuse to be a part of it.

After having paid out so much $$$ for their systems - and always keeping my system updated i.e from Arlo Pro ..... to Arlo Ultra - I now find as described in my previous post, that for the last few months - there have been no recordings at all. Plenty of notifications of activity - but no recordings.

I do have a MicroSD Card configured to my Smart Hub (Which is a Brand New Smart Hub) and I do use the App. I set my system up to record from 11pm. to 6am each day. Each morning (Most mornings) there are notifications on my phone. When I select each of them - there is NO Recordings whatsoever.

As an example - A cat walking past my front door sends a notification to my phone. I select that notification - but there is no video. I then go into Arlo on my P.C and, although it shows a still picture of the cat on the camera that was activated - there are no recordings. I have not had an actual recording for months .....

I have tried all your suggestions - multiple times - including yesterday when I set up my new Smart Hub (To record to USB) - and still nothing.

What makes it worse is that I believe that Arlo know there is an issue (Read other members comments) - and so take forever to reply to your requests. My Case relating to this issue was submitted to Arlo several days ago - and to date, no reply (Which really is not uncommon for Arlo). 

rdegraci2020
Tutor
Tutor
@KamloopsPeter

Did you reset the battery by opening and closing it ?
Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi.

I did what you have suggested and contacted the Support Team 4 days ago ........ with an online Report.

As always with Arlo - nothing happens quickly including Support.

Still waiting ....... but as my dealings over the years with Arlo have been, to say the least, poor and unacceptable - I have taken down my Arlo Ultra 4 Camera Set-up incl. 2 Security Lights - and have listed them for sale.

I will be going to the New Eufy Cameras - they deserve a chance!!

Goodbye Arlo ....................... and I could say more - but no swearing is allowed here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation