Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jüri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Everyone,

I have 4 VMC5040 cameras and I recognised some days ago, that one of the camera is not recording, because motion detection is not working any more. I checked with another base - the same result. So, problem in camera itself. Last action by system was reminding and ending of free subscribe plan. Well, I have bought subscribe plan for my system, and then I found the problem with one of the camera.   I turned my problem to the store, they answered, that warranty period of 1 year has ended and they can not help me.  My question is - the problem of motion detection is in software or it is a physical defect of camera? Can it be repaired?  

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jüri wrote:

My question is - the problem of motion detection is in software or it is a physical defect of camera? Can it be repaired?  

Try the motion detection test ( https://kb.arlo.com/1114344/How-do-I-use-the-motion-detection-test-for-my-Arlo-device ).  That should sort out whether it is hardware or software.

You can also try doing a hard-reset of the camera.  You do this by 

• removing it from your account
  • pressing sync until you see a blinking amber led
  • then add it back to your account.

If it still fails, then you could try support (using the link in the upper right of the forum page).  They might be willing to RMA the camera.

Jüri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, Yes, I did it. 

Motion detection test - yellow flash is not active.

Made a reset to factory setting - no changes. 2 times.

It does not work.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jüri wrote:

Motion detection test - yellow flash is not active.

Made a reset to factory setting - no changes. 2 times.

It does not work.

Then it's hardware.  Even though it is out of warranty, support might be worth a try (particularly if it is only out a short time).

Note you could still cross-trigger the camera (record when another camera senses motion), so you might be able to get some utility out of the camera.

Jüri
Aspirant
Aspirant
No audio detection, no motion detection. No reply from Arlo. So, I am alone with deffected camera
dianaWVUPhan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also noticed The motion detection on all 5 of my cameras (a set up which I have had for at least 3 years) stopped working/recording on 6/13/21.  I also noticed the message about the subscription plan (which I ignored because I don’t need).  I can manually record on each of the 5 cameras and can view them in real time.  Just the motion detection stopped working.  

Is it possible the free plan is no longer an option and that’s the issue?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dianaWVUPhan wrote:

Is it possible the free plan is no longer an option and that’s the issue?

With the Ultra cameras, you should continue to get notifications w/o a plan, but you will not get recordings.  More details are here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-Smart-3-month-trial-plan-ends

dianaWVUPhan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should clarify - I responded to the OP because I had the same issue with motion detection but I do not have Ultra like the OP.   I have Arlo Pro cameras and Base station.

But I have always used the no-cost plan that makes my recordings are available for a one week period.   And that has worked well for me but 3 days ago, ALL my cameras stopped detecting any motion whatsoever.  I manually recorded on 2 cameras yesterday and those recordings are still available today for me to view and I would expect them to remain available for a week as usual.

So I'm still trying to figure out why motion detection suddenly stopped working on ALL my cameras 3 days ago.

dianaWVUPhan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue is fixed!  Somehow the "armed" motion detection option was deselected and the "disarmed" option was selected under settings for my base station.   I don't know how this happened because I had not logged into these settings during that time period but at least it is fixed now!

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation