Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Modes not linking devises

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
T4Viral
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Ultra cameras and 3 of the motion security lights.  I created modes that have the motion lights triggering the camera to record when they also pick up motion.  I get notifications that the motion lights are picking up motion, but the cameras never record a thing.  The motion lights are within the activity zone for the cameras.

I also have issues with the cameras starting to record video WAY after motion is detected.  For example the video will start recording a person walking up to our home when they are almost at the front door, and not when they first entered the motion zone. 

Anyone have any ideas about any of these issues?

I messaged Arlo support, and they said it was my very slow 250MB/second internet connection.  We all know that is not true!

Thank you in advance for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

T4Viral,

The development team is investigating reports of some users experiencing issues when using rules that trigger Ultra cameras when Arlo lights detect motion.

How far away is the motion you're trying to detect with your cameras? If the person is outside the cameras range, the camera will not pick up the motion even if they are within the frame.

JamesC

T4Viral
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.

I have actually called in twice about this, and both times they had me reset everything.  Nothing has come from this in 4 months since I purchased my Arlos!  Honestly you should remove from your products "features" if they do not work.  I wish I could return my cameras at this point and get something different.  Most of the features advertised for the Ulta camera do not function, or are an exchange that is not clearly stated on the product pages.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation