Micro SD Suggestion & General Arlo Ultra questions

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
I bought the Arlo Pro 2 5-camera bundle from Costco in April, then loved it and for the doorbell, chime, and 2x 2-packs of the Arlo light kits. I’ve had very frustrating issues with the base station firmware.... but at large, I’m happy with Arlo!

When I bought the Pro 2’s and since it’s lauch - I’ve been eyeing the Arlo Ultras - and the updates over time that seemed to have eliminated many of the major early adopter issues report on the forums....

Yesterday I noticed on Amazon there was a 20% coupon to clip for the Arlo Ultra 2-camera kit.... I’ve been pondering this for a while after being impressed with Arlo Smart Premier with my Pro 2 set.... the fact that I get 1 free year of Smart Premier, and $120 bucks off with the 20% off clipped coupon made it to where I couldn’t resist!!! It’s effectively $220 off retail, as I was 15 days away from paying $99 for a years sub to smart Premier for my Pro 2 anyways! Couple that with the fact I am ready for Arlo’s smart home security system that’s coming up soon - and requires the smart hub anyways..... seems like the chance I’ve been waiting for as I haven’t seen the ultras on sale anywhere! I pulled the trigger on the kit, skins, and 2x 25 foot outdoor power cables!

I need advise from you fellow Arlo Ultra owners on a few things...

1) I’ve read that 256gb is the max on MicroSD cards acceptable by the smart hub... true?? Is there any benefit or drawback to using a UH1 versus UH3 card?? Can the base actually utilize the extra recording bandwidth with only a 2-ultra cam setup??? If not it seems silly to buy anything more than UHS1 class 10....

2) I am not sure if it’s better to pair my existing 5 cameras to the new Smart Hub - or leave them on my Pro 2 base.... right out of the gate - the Pro 2 base has a firmware problem with USB recording as mentioned above.... will pairing with the Smart Hub eliminate those recording issues I’ve been experiencing?? My Pro 2 base is centrally located in the house and 4 cams have full WiFi signal bars and one is missing one bar. So should I use both bases or just the smart hub???

3) if I end up pairing all 5 Pro 2’s to the smart hub - will they also record to the microSD card (obviously in 1080p), as they did on the vmb4000 Base???

Also - if I use both bases can i leave some cams paired to one base - and some (obviously including the 2 ultra cams) to the smart hub?? If so - can I plug usb drive into the 4000 base and the microSD into the smart hub and expect recording from their respective cameras on both?

Thanks guys!! Really excited to get the Arlo Ultras up outside in areas that will benefit from the greater 4K detail and wider FOV!!! It will also free up 2 Pro 2’s to be used elsewhere inside 😉
1 REPLY 1
PPP-001
Guide
Guide

20190706_222022.jpg

That 's my microsd 512 Gb U3.I believe U3 sd card can handle much more writen rate for video ,in case of you use so many cameras in your home.I use to use the u1 card  64gb,sometime, i found that some clip from some cam were not recorded when all of 4 camera was active at the same time.After i changed to U3 microsd,the problem seem not to bother me anymore,however, i rather to have problem about the battery life. T_T .(i install solar panel but it does not generate enough power for my cam,and i don't like to wire the ac cable to my front yard.Cat LOL 4K drain my batts.)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation