Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Whatever those Engineers did whether it was a firmware update or the app that was updated. Local recordings only work over my home network. As soon as I leave my local network and travel around town no more local recordings. It works fine over my Wi-Fi but as soon as I turn that off doesn't work anymore and when I go in the app it says it's disabled when I never disabled it
10 REPLIES 10
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

away from home local recordings only work if you use VPN or port fwd

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Port forwarding not using VPN.
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

If port forwarding is set up it should be working.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Local storage still not working ,outside of my local network. Even After latest firmware update.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I assume you mean when you're not home you can't see local storage? If that's the case, have you set up the required VPN or port forwarding so you can gain access?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Direct Storage Access, if that is what you mean, certainly works here,  albeit with some wrinkles

In addition to @jguerdat,'s advice it might help if you said what you are doing and where it goes wrong.

Take us through the steps and screens you see and describe what happens.

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I know how to use it I know how to set it up I've been using it since it was first implemented now after their latest irresponsible firmware update it no longer works
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I can access the local storage on my SD card when I am home using my local network. Once I leave my home
,and i go outside my local network the local storage option disappears in a app
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Johnny290 wrote:
I know how to use it I know how to set it up I've been using it since it was first implemented now after their latest irresponsible firmware update it no longer works

That is new information that was not in the first cryptic,  minimal content message.

Debugging depends on knowing what is going on, and not leaving it to other people to guess and interpret.

That it works for other people tells us that it isn't a universal issue.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Yeah and what's your point to that message. It may work for you but it doesn't work for me I can set it up turning my Wi-Fi off and it will work away from home. But As soon as I close the app and open the app again. It no longer works. Everything was fine before the firmware update and it may even be the app causing a problem. This is also something that I previously posted and I wasn't the only one having a problem.
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation