Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Prat32
Tutor
Tutor

What happen to this release I’m waiting for this it’s been second half of 2019 any news please let us know thanks

132 REPLIES 132
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

StephenB is your SD capable of 4K ?  I could send you 3 months of recordings, as I said 3840X2160 until 1/21/2020 when I was put on the 2K plan and 2560X1440 since.  Arlo support has told me live and by e-mail that my SD will only allow 2K while on that plan.  If you've kept up on these posts as it appears you have then you also know that JamesC has said that 4K live and to the SD is there regardless of your plan.  Anyone not getting it should contact support.

rjmcinnes
Apprentice
Apprentice

StephenB,

Do you have auto zoom and tracking turned off

No, I have auto zoom and tracking turned on, on all three cameras.

I will turn it off on the front camera, and see what transpires.

Is the camera's power management set to best video?

Yes it is...

Thanks for your feedback, I will post the outcome later today.

Robert.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rjmcinnes wrote:

Do you have auto zoom and tracking turned off

No, I have auto zoom and tracking turned on, on all three cameras.

I will turn it off on the front camera, and see what transpires.

Auto zoom and tracking automatically sets your resolution to 1080p.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LandJS wrote:

then you also know that JamesC has said that 4K live and to the SD is there regardless of your plan.  

4K live and 4K recording to SD are different things.

Since the camera can only send one resolution in a single video stream at any point in time, then there's no way it can be recording in 4K to the microSD and recording 1080p or 2K to the cloud simultaneously.

The only way that could work would be if the cloud transcoded the video to a lower resolution.  Given the low bitrate, that would be a bad idea (making the video quality lower than it is already).

If I am getting that wrong somehow, then hopefully @JamesC will clarify.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

As I said, I can send you 3 or more months of video and JamesC did say, go back through the threads.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LandJS wrote:

As I said, I can send you 3 or more months of video and JamesC did say, go back through the threads.

I might be missing what you are saying- but I haven't seen anything in your posts that contradicts what I said.  Which basically is that if you have cloud recording, then the motion recordings on the SD card will match the resolution of your cloud recordings.  Isn't that what you are seeing?

As far as @JamesC goes, I've already tried to loop him in for his comments.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

No what I am saying is that yes they can and did send 1080 to the cloud and 4K to my SD card for a whole year.  That did not change until I was forced to take a pay for plan that had to be either 2K or 4K,  Since that time I get 2K to the cloud and 2K to my SD.  What JamesC said when I complained about losing 4K to the SD was that I was wrong and that 4K live and to the SD remain 4K no matter the plan,  This is not true according to live support or in answer to my ticket.  What I understand you to be saying is it's not possible to send 1080 to the cloud and 4K to the SD.  What I am saying is yes it is and my SD card holds the proof.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

StephenB, LandJS

The conversation here has gone beyond the scope of the original discussion taking place. I'm going to close this thread.

As a side note, there are other threads discussing this issue. The problem LandJS is describing is a bug and is being tracked as such by the development team.

JamesC