Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Prat32
Tutor
Tutor

What happen to this release I’m waiting for this it’s been second half of 2019 any news please let us know thanks

132 REPLIES 132
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Good info. I see this on android also
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Hasn't record locally always been there for using a SD card, pretty sure I had to turn it on when I installed my card.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I guess if you remember it being that way you would be correct
Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
I think you're right, but it looks as if they have renamed it from "SD Card Recording" to "Record Locally"
Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
Still waiting...
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Me 2
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
I would also love to know what we can all expect with this. Will it be implemented before the end of 2019 as originally stated by Arlo earlier this year?
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Seems like Arlo doorbell is more important now
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
With it being the end of the year basically, are we going to be getting local storage access on the app soon before 2020 as promised?
rvoi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes,

Many people are considering this camera system though local access (networked/not micro SD) to content is essential for most people.

Are you able to provide an update?

Cheers

Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am also keen to get an update on this!

Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am keen to also find this out. We're nearly half way through December.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
It is coming! Arlo ceo posted on twitter less than an hour ago!
rvoi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @Cwmmmm ,

Pretty sure the announcement is about being able to access the SD card backup footage stored on the base station through the app and not about using your own networked storage eg. NAS.

I will be VERY happy to be proven wrong.  Seems very strange in todays world concerned with privacy that people are wont at least want an option o fusing their own networked storage.

Anyway, here's hoping.

Cheers,

adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice
App was updated today to allow local access of video within the app.
JTelleria
Guide
Guide

I updated my Arlo iOS app to today’s release and don’t see the option anywhere to access videos stored on the SD card.  The option to set the PIN code isn’t there either.

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Might have added it, but it doesn't work.. Just doesnt show up as an option.

mmm I should add "The arlo doesnt work" to my text shortcuts. I seem to type it a lot.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

adammiarka, JTelleria

This feature will be available very soon. The development team still has some small changes to make before the feature is fully available but the 2.12 version of the mobile app will be the version needed to support direct storage access. I will provide an update here when this feature is fully available.

JamesC

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

OK, strange way of rolling out an update and new features.. Why not wait until it was ready.

MaximKa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, just a couple of weeks left before the end of the year and not even a hint...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This feature will be available very soon. The development team still has some small changes to make before the feature is fully available but the 2.12 version of the mobile app will be the version needed to support direct storage access. I will provide an update here when this feature is fully available.

JamesC

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

James, someone else mentioned that this is available in today's release and I have the 2.12 for today but see nowhere that gives access to the SD card ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LandJS,

This feature isn't available just yet. As mentioned above, 2.12 will support this feature once all the pieces are in place for it to be live. I will provide another update when this is fully implemented.

JamesC

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Thank You JamesC

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

It was released in the app, and is listed as feature.. but it's not implemented.. I have no idea who is running the show, but that has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen when it comes to feature rollout of product improvements. Its a 101 on how to piss all customers off in one foul swoop..

Based on other topics, we should actually see it implemented in around 2025.. maybe at the same time as customised iOS notification sounds.