Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local 4K viewing problem

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Anybody notice with the new app when using live view, on your local network. I no longer see the 4K logo in live view

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Well I got home from work today and my local 4K viewing is working once again very happy about that

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

No, its there for me

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Thanks not seeing 4k logo on mine for reason
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I have a Samsung S10 , I have an iPad and an Android tablet. All three devices are not showing the 4K logo yes I am home on the same network
Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
There is a bug either with the app or with the newest firmware.

I have noticed that when you bring up a stream for the first time, it will stream in 1080p (no 4K logo) but after closing the stream and reloading it again, it will stream in 4K like it should and the logo returns.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Thanks for the information
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Well I can't get the 4K logo no matter what I do. I've had Arlo for years every time these people update something they end up breaking something else it never ends
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Johnny290,

Try rebooting your SmartHub and test again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I have rebooted my Smart Hub without any Improvement still no 4K
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Has anybody else lost local 4K viewing seems like it happened after the latest update for the app. When I view my cameras on my local network it just says live view it no longer says 4K. And I can have more than 3 cameras on the same time without a problem and you're only supposed to be able to view 4K two cameras simultaneously which means I am no longer getting 4K over my local network
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I hope I'm not the only one having this problem
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Works here on ANdroid. Is the 4k local streaming enabled in the camera video settings?

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Yes my 4K is enabled I have not made any changes seems since the last update I no longer get local 4K over my local network
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Any updates on this matter
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Well I got home from work today and my local 4K viewing is working once again very happy about that
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation