Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local 4K live

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I’m fine with the 1080p quality but recently when ever I try to use the Local 4K live stream option it dose not work. I’ll switch it to local 4k stream live on and when it loads is just says “live” and is not 4k, it use to work and I’m up to date on everything and running latest iOS. Any answers?
15 REPLIES 15
brh
Master
Master

@Cwmmmm 

Are you using the Zoom and Track feature? If so all your videos will be in 1080p as this feature does not work in 4k. Since you said it used to work, I must assume you purchased the Premier or Elite plans and the PVR plan. Correct?

Brian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cwmmmm,

Be sure you're connected to the same network as the SmartHub as well. 4K live streaming will only work when the mobile device you are using is on the same network as the SmartHub.

If  you're still having an issue, try restarting your SmartHub and try again to see if you still get the same behavior.

JamesC

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Thanks for the quick reply’s, to start, I’m connected to my home network that my ultras are connected too, auto track and zoom is not turned on, on either of the two ultras. I’m up to date on everything with iOS and the app it’s self down to the cams and smart hub, any other suggestions? Not super worried about it but since it’s an option and it doesn’t work kinda sad but It used to work, thank you!
brh
Master
Master

@Cwmmmm 

Double check your plan to see if you still have the PVR subscription. Also, the only place you will see if the recording is in 4k will be in the Library on your phone and the still picture will say 4k. There have many firmware updates with some features removed and other ones added. Currently, on my iphone, Live View does not have the abiity to record 4k manually, (Record and Snapshot icons missing). The web client will have the Record and Snapshot icons but the recording will be 1080p. The only thing that will trigger 4k recordings is motion or audio triggers. Thus, if your motion or audio detection is triggering recordings, they should show 4k on your phone. If not, as I said before, check your subscription.

Brian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

4K local live streaming doesn't require the PVR plan.

Cwmmmm,

Try toggling off the 4K local live streaming option in settings and then toggle back on and see if you still have the same behavior.

JamesC

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I have it on, but still no 4K live stream local, so I tried looking for pvr but can’t find it to purchase.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei
  • Settings
  • Subscription

If you don't see that, where are you?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Not sure what happened but I can no longer get live on my phone.  4K live is working on my laptop but log out and try my phone in the same spot and all I get is a black screen thats says 4K but has no picture at all.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Well played around some more and if I switch my phone to 2G it will work but it was working in 5G and my laptop works in both still so soething changed with the app

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
No clue still not working
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

@LandJS wrote:

Not sure what happened but I can no longer get live on my phone.  4K live is working on my laptop but log out and try my phone in the same spot and all I get is a black screen thats says 4K but has no picture at all.

I believe 4K live viewing only works using the Arlo app and therefore not on laptops.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Well now my phone quit in 2G to.  Not even concerned about 4K or not right now although the black screen says 4K.  I am not getting live video period on the phone app but it's fine on my laptop sitting in the same spot.  This new app has had intermitant problems from the start like, get a notification but it wouldn't play, would only go live, now it plays but won't go live.  Just reversed what was happening.  Tried the reinstall, doesn't matter, reset the base, doesn't matter. Is there a way to get the previous version of the app ? 

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

st_shaw thank you for the reply.  It is the app I'm having the issue with 4K not working.  My phone was using 5G when it first stopped working, changing my phone to 2.4 it started working again but then that stopped working after awhile to.  To watch in the app I've had to go through and turn 4K off on all my cameras.  So if the only time I'm going to see 4K is when I'm paying for 4K recordings, I join the crowd saying why not just buy pro 2.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LandJS,

What mobile device are you using (iOS or Android)? What model and OS version is the phone running?

JamesC

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

James, I'm using a Samsung S6 running 7.0 until the new 10's are out.  Had it not been working before the app update I would question the phone.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation