Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live 4K streaming intermittent. Not getting 4K icon often.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
del13r
Tutor
Tutor

I am getting intermittent live 4K streaming issue. Most of the time I don’t get the 4K icon. I will only get 4K working a few times after I have removed and re-added the:
iOS app
Camera from the app
Base station from the app
This is not sustainable. Please fix this. I have 2 camera and they both have the same issue at the same time.

13 REPLIES 13
del13r
Tutor
Tutor
del13r
Tutor
Tutor
Attachment seconds later after simply pressing stop and then start on the camera feeds
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi del13r,

From looking at the screenshots you provided, it looks like the signal strength between your camera and your Base Station/SmartHub is getting a weaker signal, which could cause the 4K local streaming stop. Make sure that your cameras has full signal strength in the area that you intend to install them.

del13r
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, thanks for replying however I don’t get where you can see my signal getting worse. In both screenshots, both cameras have 2/3 bars, so no change in signal at all actually. Also, my partners older iPhone 7 shows the same cameras in 4K no problem, where as my iPhone 12 has the intermittent 4K issue
del13r
Tutor
Tutor
del13r
Tutor
Tutor
Here is my iPhone 12 screenshot taken at the exact same time side by side with the iPhone 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for sharing those screenshots. Try rebooting your iPhone 12 to see if that helps.

If you still see the issue, try uninstalling the Arlo app, reboot your iPhone again and reinstall the app.

del13r
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,
I have tried both rebooting my phone and have removed the iOS app many times this week. I have even gone as far as removing the cameras from the base station and then the base station from my account and starting fresh. Still does not fix my issue.
del13r
Tutor
Tutor
I have now just logged into an older iPhone 7 with the same account that I use on the phone 12 and the older iPhone 7 shows 4K flawlessly every single time! This process of elimination narrows down the issue to the arlo iOS app on my iPhone 12 and has nothing to do with the cameras or the base station. I have tried removing the app and restarting the phone, what else can I do?
del13r
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, I have no narrowed down the issue even further.

4K works for about 5 minutes after rebooting the phone 12.

After about 5 minutes, 4K refuses to work again until the next iphone 12 reboot.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@del13r wrote:

Ok, I have no narrowed down the issue even further.

4K works for about 5 minutes after rebooting the phone 12.

After about 5 minutes, 4K refuses to work again until the next iphone 12 reboot.

Maybe try disabling cellular data (so it has to use the wifi connection), and see if that uses 4K???

Just as a test of course.

del13r
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,
I just tested with cellular disabled a got no difference. I did however find that the 4K failure behaviour occurs when either the app goes out of focus by switching to another app or if I lock the phone. I can only get 4K working again if I close the app and relaunch it.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest for you to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation