Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Library Playback

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GraemeMitchell
Apprentice
Apprentice

Trying to figure out why my wifi wont play the videos but the cellular data does.  A speed test on the cell data is about 35mbps, our wifi is 100mbps, however, the cell data plays it many times quicker, without buffering.

I have checked the DNS on our network, there is nothing blocking anything on the firewall.  Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would expect that playback uses the same ports as are needed by recording - 80 and 443. If there's a good bit of network traffic in your house going on setting QoS (Quality of Service) in your router may help. I've reserved a few hundred kilobytes of upload bandwidth in the past to help out. I don't know what else to suggest so use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it not playing (your first statement) or playing with issues such as buffering (your second statement)? The former sounds like a configuration issue in your network while the second could be caused by various things. Assuming you mean it plays poorly on WiFi, I would start by rebooting your router and base, in that order. Try more than one device on WiFi. Reboot the phone and reinstall the app. WHat device and OS are you using?

GraemeMitchell
Apprentice
Apprentice

When I play from my desktop (on wifi) it buffers, when I play from my iPhoneX (IOS13) on wifi it doesnt play, you just see a circle spinning.  When I turn off the wifi on the iPhoneX and use cellular data it plays fine.

I have rebooted the router and base many times and it still is the same.

Is there any specific port that the playback library uses?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would expect that playback uses the same ports as are needed by recording - 80 and 443. If there's a good bit of network traffic in your house going on setting QoS (Quality of Service) in your router may help. I've reserved a few hundred kilobytes of upload bandwidth in the past to help out. I don't know what else to suggest so use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I would expect that playback uses the same ports as are needed by recording - 80 and 443. 

Those ports are open - if they weren't you wouldn't be able to access this forum.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation