Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lack of Support for Web Interface on MacOS - Not User Friendly

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
akageelgirl
Follower
Follower

I am trying to find a video clip showing how some damage occurred to my home and am nearly at my wits end in trying to use the Arlo web based interface. It's just NOT user friendly at all. I am on MacOS Catalina. First, I can only get video playback working using Safari (no Chrome or Firefox). Second, the Safari playback is jittery, plays at the speed of light, and doesn't show the correct time codes (e.g., a 15 second video clip shows 2:45pm to 2:45pm). You cannot restart the videos or slowly walk through them either. Third, if I download a video, it will not play correctly in Quicktime. I finally installed VLC, and that seems to playback the videos OK. But. This requires that I download ALL videos and then review them offline. Seriously? It just shouldn't be this hard. We should be able to view the videos online in the time order and only have to download ones we need for evidence. 

If anyone has found a way to quickly review videos online using a Mac, please advise how you are doing it. Thanks.

I have a number of other issues with the web interface not working properly.  E.g., I have a camera that is on, but it shows off. When I click the "on" button, it says, "This device is currently disabled and will not respond to mode changes. To enable the device, turn the device ON from the device settings." I AM in the device settings.  It seems like the web interface is an afterthought, at best. Given the cost of this system, I would expect a fully functional web interface.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @akageelgirl

Have you tried updating to the latest versions of Mac OS?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation