Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issue with Geo Fencing

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Moroni
Star
Star

Arlo geo fencing is not working, I have the latest app on 2 iPhones, running iOS 16.1, restarted home base, deleted my access and reinstalled, access to spouse is all cameras (5) plus base, have access to 2 phones, mine and spouses, changed the range to medium, granted access. 

Thanks

Mike

34 REPLIES 34
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just a note that the phone for the person that was granted access has to have the app signed in for GF to work relative to that phone. My wife rarely uses the app so she's logged out due to inactivity. That causes GF to fail - it's as if she's never at home.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Agree with your comment.

I have read recently that the mobile app’s 15 day logged in session has been extended to 6 months so this go a long way to addressing this annoying limitation.

Alas my excitement was short lived with the granted user’s device geofencing not working again today when we both went out and the granted device said it was still at home.😔

@jguerdat

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Danny Bear

I have deleted both arlo account, reset Home Base, reset all cameras, 

installed new apps on the phones.  I have sent a new invite to my wife

The new phone app to me is confusing at this time, who to set GF, 

a work in progress. Note I had to change my user name to 1897

Ill let you know how this worrks

the old Moroni

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Good luck.

I am still struggling to have my granted user device’s geofencing work. Seems to work one day and not the next, been doing this for the past week. Must be on a schedule timer in the arlo server.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Dannybear

I have bee trying to set up the new Arlo Secure App, 

Get the scree Arm Away-Arm Home-Standby, go to routines lower right corner

click on that then choose Modes, but I never see the 2nd Step-

the instructions say 

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App on your device.
  2. Tap Mode > preferred Arlo device > Geofencing
    The Arlo Secure App Would Like to Use your Location prompt displays.
  3. Tap OK or Allow.
  4. Have tried the new App yet and are you getting anywhere with it?
  5. Moroni

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I’m a bit confused about the talk of a new app, I downloaded the latest version 4.0.2 ios onto the iPad and doesn’t look any different and showing the same as v3.8.

V4.0.1 Might have been rolled back because of issues.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Dannybear

interesting I just downloaded 4.02 it’s looks like a house. Did not see anything in the App Store that looks like the older version with the birds

Moroni

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Yes, mine is a house, preferred the bird myself, easier to spot among the other houses on the dashboard. Maybe this is the new look they talk about.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FYI, if you don't "upgrade" your account by adding the new security system or Pro 5 camera (or at least starting to if you don't actually have either of those) the UI looks the same on 4.x as 3.x. Once upgraded the new UI becomes active.

It's gonna take us some time to work out the differences especially as some will be using one UI and others will see the new UI. At some point it will all be the same but for the time being it's not.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Dannybear

Another day a new adventure in trying to set GF, with the new app,

wifes phone has now shown up under access, all cameras are showing.

Highlighting Arm Home I have set up Add Arrive/Leave, Specific People Leave

highlighted both phones, then saved.  Will give it a try and see what if anything happens

Moroni

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation