Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issue with Arlo cameras being offline

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jmcfar05
Aspirant
Aspirant
All my ultra cameras (3 and a floodlight) keep going offline. They all have a strong internet signal full battery but keep going off-line, especially when I open the APP. Please help this is not good enough for the price I paid.
7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
What arlo app are you using. Mobile or web portal on pc browser?
Jmcfar05
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mobile App
Dannybear
Master
Master
When you notice they are offline do you wait for them to come back by themselves or do you have to take some action like restarting the Base station?
Jmcfar05
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had to do both, but it's more frequent with the cameras sorting themselves out eventually. Even when I'm in the app it will come up offline even when I have just played the camera.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Guessing a bit here, could be a wifi interference issue. How close is the base station from your local router, try moving them apart say 6ft or more. Arlo recommends 10ft I recall reading.
Jmcfar05
Aspirant
Aspirant
They have been close together so I have moved to the distance recommended however it still has the issue.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Some more things to try to at least eliminate them.

Power cycle the router, wait for it to reboot then power cycle the base station and check again.

Change the wifi channel being used, do this in the router user interface or have the internet provider change it for you.

If you’re using high resolution on the camera change it to the lowest value and check again.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation