Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Intermittent poor connectivity to Ultra camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rpell
Guide
Guide

One of my three cameras is now showing a poor wifi signal, even though it had been working fine for weeks, in fact right up to the day that I left for a long trip! I managed to get the signal back to two bars by restarting the base station multiple times, but now the signal is poor again. I can get a good live picture but alerts are nonexistent.

What else can I do remotely? Firmware is up-to-date on the base station and the camera. Why would my signal suddenly degrade? The camera seems to be in its original position. I won't be back home until December so this is very frustrating and makes me wonder why I bought this system.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be the Ultra base has switched over to 5ghz which has less range...

You could try a reset of the base remotely in settings... if it is working tho, I may choose to leave it alone till back at location

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unfortunately this is just something we have to live with. The range of the Ultra is incredibly poor and none of the firmware updates have improved it.

I've stopped at a 2 camera system and won't purchase anymore because the range is so poor. It's beyond me why Arlo won't release a extender/repeater. 

rpell
Guide
Guide
A second base unit can act as an extender, correct? But pricey
illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice
The problem with second base is that it will act entirely independent from the first base. Any cameras attached to it will have their own independent modes etc. There’s is no way to have them work together. This just won’t work.

Someone please correct me if my understanding is wrong though.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation