Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
AbeG
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a new Arlo Ultra (1st gen) and suddenly (has been fine up till today) I can NOT watch live through my iPhone app on WIFI but if I turn off WiFI cellular is fine however WiFI streams fine on my WIN 11 PC on the web.

Seems the APP on the iPhone is the issue but only using WIFI.  

Steps I have taken:

Assigned static IP to base station (model 5000)

Rebooted base

Power recycled base

Removed and added back everything.

Signal says "strong" (base is less than 25 feet from cam)

When I click on the "PLAY" arrow while on WiFi it immediately returns to the play button but as soon as I turn off WiFI it's streams fine on cellular.

I am a pretty "technical" person so I believe I have tried everything.  Very weird that it only streams live in my house on Cellular but not wi-fi.  WiFI is about 700Mbps/30Mbps so thast isn't an issue.  I also have a different brand video doorbell and that streams live fine as well as everything else I have so connectivity isn't an issue as wi-fi is fine with everything else I have.

Running IOS 16 (and have been for 3 months without issue)

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team was also able to reproduce this issue and is currently investigating the root cause. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information available to share.

JamesC

108 REPLIES 108
mickdc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware update on the base stations fixed it for me.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Which FW update?

mickdc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Version of 1.20.1.1_1327_eccc317

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

I got that one too, didn't fix it.

Philipiter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just started experiencing this exact same issue with all my cameras. I have four Arlo Pros and a wired Arlo doorbell. When connected to wifi the stream is very slow to connect and choppy for all cameras from both the Arlo Secure app as well as from a browser. If I disconnect from wifi on my phone, everything works fine.

mickdc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did iOS 16.0.2 update (iPhone 12 Pro) and the latest firmware for the basestations, and my cameras started streaming at 4K again on my phone app. It seems to be a very odd/glitchy issue with reports all over the place.

Lsuydam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have recently purchased the latest Arlo ultra camera and added it to my hub but now I am not getting any recordings from my other cameras, and cannot live stream on iPad or phone

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lsuydam wrote:

I have recently purchased the latest Arlo ultra camera and added it to my hub but now I am not getting any recordings from my other cameras, and cannot live stream on iPad or phone

Is the Ultra still in the trial subscription?

How many unsubscribed cameras are in the account?

Can you livestream from a PC (my.arlo.com)

fly71
Guide
Guide

I still have this Issue 4K Live streaming not working. Recordings are working fine in 4K. The Base Station shows to be on the latest version. 

Base Station: VMB5000EU