Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Image freezing when recording 4K to SD card on Arlo Ultra.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Snufsis
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Ultra base station has a SanDisk 128GB SD card and I have two connected Ultra cameras with 4K recording to the card. Motion recording is set at 2 minutes. A couple of days ago a thief was shot during a theft.
I had started a manual recording which has recorded 5 min 59 sec to the cloud but nothing records to the SD card. When the manual recording had been on for 3 minutes and 40 seconds, a motion-controlled 2 min recording also started in parallel with the same camera and it is also saved in the cloud, but this was stored on the SD card.
The problem is that after 30 seconds of 4K recording on the SD card, the picture freezes and only the sound is heard. When there are 15 seconds left of the recorded 2 minutes, the picture returns and then the thief was gone.
On both cloud recordings everything is visible but zooming in for details gives such a low resolution that it is difficult to see what the thief took. I have tried using repair tools like Remo Repair MOV but the program hangs when it examines the movie. Attempts to export the movie through Adobe Media Encoder also fail. It seems unstable to rely on the Arlo Ultra system if it cannot record in 4K to the SD card when shooting manually and the image freezes during motion-controlled recording.
And why does motion-controlled recording start a new session for parallel recording when manual recording is already in progress with the same camera ???

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Snufsis,

Are other SD card recordings freezing or was it only an issue with this one clip?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation