Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IR Led reflecting back into the camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mihai_mm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, i need to position my camera close to a wall but the IR Led reflects back into the lens, therefore the video quality is not good. I have re positioned my camera away from the wall, the night vision works now but to motion is not detected into the key area (driveway). Is there a way to point my camera towards the drive and then blank off the wall so the IR led does not affect the camera ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At least part of the problem is that the camera appears to be rotated 90 degrees. More of the issue would be that most of the motion would be at the camera which PIR sensors have a hard time detecting - motion should be across the FOV.

Depending on where the motion occurs in the camera view, I would suggest that moving the camera to the wall that's reflecting the light would be the best choice. And, to answer your original question, no, you can't blank out any part of the view other than to try using the different width settings - Settings, your camera, Video Settings, Video Mode.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a screenshot of the camera view for suggestions. You may have to move the camera to get best operation.

Mihai_mm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please see attached. I tried to rotate it move it away from the wall but then the motion sensor does not activate. Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At least part of the problem is that the camera appears to be rotated 90 degrees. More of the issue would be that most of the motion would be at the camera which PIR sensors have a hard time detecting - motion should be across the FOV.

Depending on where the motion occurs in the camera view, I would suggest that moving the camera to the wall that's reflecting the light would be the best choice. And, to answer your original question, no, you can't blank out any part of the view other than to try using the different width settings - Settings, your camera, Video Settings, Video Mode.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation