Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to set up an Activity Zone on Arlo Ultra

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nat01
Follower
Follower
Hi Guys, I am very exited on this product (4K) how ever still not convinced with some of the features. 1. Having trouble in setting up the Activity Zone. Even though I have clearly marked my drive way for activity Zone, I am still getting push notifications for vehicles that drive pass on the Street. which obviously consuming lots of battery power compared to the 2nd camera. 2. 2nd camera only picks up any kind of activities if happens much closer to the camera. I have performed the motion detection test with 100% still not picking up any yellow lights. 3. If i install a micro SD card on the Smart Hub will I be able to have continuous video recording? Other than upgrading to a premium package is there any way to do so. 4. Does Arlo has customer support Hotline especially for Australia? Thank you in Advance
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nat01 wrote:
1. Having trouble in setting up the Activity Zone. Even though I have clearly marked my drive way for activity Zone, I am still getting push notifications for vehicles that drive pass on the Street. which obviously consuming lots of battery power compared to the 2nd camera. 2. 

I've seen some issues here too (though clearly the problem isn't with setting up the zone, it's that motion out of the zone still can trigger notifications and recordings).  Also, I've found that stray light from headlights at night (and emergency vehicle lights) can trigger motion alerts.  

Can you position the camera to cover less of the street?  The motion detection seems to be more sensitive in the bottom part of the view, so angling the camera so that the street is higher in the image might also help. 

Also, the motion detection is supposed to be adjusted when you change the field of view.  So if you are using super-wide or wide, you might try a narrower setting.

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

@Nat01 wrote:
Hi Guys, I am very exited on this product (4K) how ever still not convinced with some of the features. 1. Having trouble in setting up the Activity Zone. Even though I have clearly marked my drive way for activity Zone, I am still getting push notifications for vehicles that drive pass on the Street. which obviously consuming lots of battery power compared to the 2nd camera. 

I can't help with the Activity Zone issue, but I wanted to note that  you should not expect zones to reduce battery usage.  When using zones, all motion detected by the camera is captured and transmitted to the cloud for analysis to determine if the motion was inside the zone.  So, the battery usage should be the same with or without the zone. It's important to carefully aim the camera so high activity areas you are not interested in are not in the field of view.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation