Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Rfvj
Follower
Follower

How long does it take to charge a battery? New out of the box I have been charging 1 camera for 10 hours now and it is still only at 80% charged.

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That sounds excessive.... I would guess 3-4 hrs max

Tho in the Pro/Pro2 the battery in the camera really only charge to 80% ( it will read 100% charged ) as a safety factor if left plugged in all the time to not damage battery. This may be a full charged battery but just a flaw in the reading.

(To get a quick estimate of any charge, look at the output current of the charger and divide into the capacity of the battery)

( output 500ma /capacity battery 2000ma... 4 hrs aprox )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The indoor chargers seem to take an inordinate amount of time to charge. Note that the charger is 5v only. I also have the outdoor 25 foot chager which is 9v and it charges much more quickly. I don't have hard numbers for either so can't tell you what to expect other than many hours for the indoor charger.

I also haven't tried a charger that supplies both 5v and 9v outputs such as those supplied with the Pro series of cameras. I doubt it would make a difference but it might be worth a try.

addertay
Apprentice
Apprentice

I purchased 2 of the 4 camera kits and only one of the charging cables/adapter worked. Have to take it back. @jguerdat can I ask where you purchased the outdoor charger. Have some on back order with Amazon

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As a superuser, I have some backdoor methods to obtain things. I didn't purchase the charger, it was Arlo-supplied. Sorry.

addertay
Apprentice
Apprentice
No problem at all. I'm on backorder so they will be here sometime
DamianR
Apprentice
Apprentice
+1 for a reccomendation on using the outdoor charger.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation