Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I turn off Ultra flood light?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rosannd07
Initiate
Initiate

I installed my Arlo Ultra last night outside.  I don't want the floodlight to be constantly on.  Is there a way to control the settings so the floodlight only comes on when there is movement and then turns off after a period of time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@rosannd07 wrote:

I installed my Arlo Ultra last night outside.  I don't want the floodlight to be constantly on.

Is it always on? It shouldn't be.

@rosannd07 wrote:

Is there a way to control the settings so the floodlight only comes on when there is movement and then turns off after a period of time?

The light on the Ultra is tied to its recording. If you set a rule to record when there is m,ovement, the light will come on at the same time.

Unlike the Pro 3 Floodlight, you cannot control the light independently.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@rosannd07 wrote:

I installed my Arlo Ultra last night outside.  I don't want the floodlight to be constantly on.

Is it always on? It shouldn't be.

@rosannd07 wrote:

Is there a way to control the settings so the floodlight only comes on when there is movement and then turns off after a period of time?

The light on the Ultra is tied to its recording. If you set a rule to record when there is m,ovement, the light will come on at the same time.

Unlike the Pro 3 Floodlight, you cannot control the light independently.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's true that the Ultra floodlight is tied to motion. I don't want the floodlight on some of my cameras at all. You can turn the floodlight off in the camera settings; Device Settings, Video Settings, Low Light Settings, then toggle Spotlight On or Off.
rosannd07
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you - that appears to have worked.

Rosann

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation