Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

How do I consolidate two accounts to one hub?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
302esky
Aspirant
Aspirant

1. Hi I have two Ultra Hubs with 2 different emails, Hub 1 has 5 cameras with a paid subscription and Hub 2 has 3 cameras with a separate paid subscription and it is away from the house looking at my outdoor detached garage and so i am billed twice a year ... 
I need to know how to cancel the subscription for hub 2 and then add hub 2, to main Hub 1 and same with the 3 cameras that are on hub 2 and only be billed for 1 subscription, as i want to add a few more cameras to hub as well latter on please...?
2.  Is the new Ultra 2 backwards compatible ? In other words can we use the old 4K ultra cameras on the new Ultra 2 hubs

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@302esky wrote:

2.  Is the new Ultra 2 backwards compatible ? In other words can we use the old 4K ultra cameras on the new Ultra 2 hubs

Both cameras can connect to any VMB4xxx hub or the VMB5000 hub.

@302esky wrote:

I need to know how to cancel the subscription for hub 2 and then add hub 2, to main Hub 1 and same with the 3 cameras that are on hub 2 and only be billed for 1 subscription, as i want to add a few more cameras to hub as well latter on please...?

The process is to first cancel the subscription for the cameras on hub 2.  Instructions for that depend on whether you see "Library" in your app menu, or whether you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead.

For Library:

For Feed/Dashboard

At that point, I'd wait until the subscription actually ends (which should happen at the end of the billing period), and then make sure that billing also ends.  The reason is that there are a lot of posts here from users who are finding that Arlo continues to bill them (obviously a problem on Arlo's end).  Though that is up to you, you could just proceed to the next step.

After the subscription is cancelled, you then need to remove the cameras and the base from the hub 2 account.  Then go into "add device" in the new account, and add them all back. 

They should be automatically added to subscription plan on that account.  If for some reason, you end up with a new trial subscription for them, then just wait for it to end. 

After the dust settles, you can then cancel your unneeded Arlo account. Make sure you do this AFTER you remove the cameras and base from the account (and AFTER you cancel the subscription).

302esky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi StephenB Thank you for all that help ..Just 1 question when Hub 2 is canceled monthly subscription and I want to add hub 2 to hub 1 and the other 3 cameras as the Hub 2 and 3 cameras are heaps away from Hub1 so they wont pair up as they are too far away from hub1, so do i just add hub 2 to hub 1 in the app where it says ADD NEW DEVICE + and tap base station/ hub tab ? and follow prompts ? Thank you

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@302esky wrote:

Hi StephenB Thank you for all that help ..Just 1 question when Hub 2 is canceled monthly subscription and I want to add hub 2 to hub 1 and the other 3 cameras as the Hub 2 and 3 cameras are heaps away from Hub1 so they wont pair up as they are too far away from hub1, so do i just add hub 2 to hub 1 in the app where it says ADD NEW DEVICE + and tap base station/ hub tab ? and follow prompts ? Thank you

You aren't "adding hub 2 to hub 1".  What you are doing is moving hub 2 and its cameras into the same account that you are using for hub 1.  The distance between hub 1 and hub 2 is not relevant, as you are not pairing hub 2 to hub 1.

Still, your phone needs to be connected to your home wifi when you add back the hub and cameras.  If hub 2 is too far away to do that, then try moving the hub 2 inside your house, and add the hub and cameras there.  Then move them back after you've gotten them into the account. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation