Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Have one camera set up at Airbnb and received motion video but all of a sudden stopped?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lukeb1x1
Follower
Follower

I am not sure which model number I have or what the base is.  I bought it at Costco so whatever they have.

I have one camera setup at an AirBNB location and on August 15th I received a bunch of motion videos.  But at 6pm on the 15th things just stopped.  The camera shows it is charging, but there is no wifi.  I know the wifi is working because I have a smart lock that tells me when it locks and unlocks and I am receiving these notifications.  I think the tenants have somehow disabled the camera (because the camera showed they brought a pet when pets are not allowed). 

My question is, how is this possible?  and if the tenants did not tamper with it, then what do you think is going on?  Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lukeb1x1 wrote:

I bought it at Costco so whatever they have.

They've been selling for a long time, so that doesn't help.  You can see the base model in the app and web browser interface - it's shown in "device info".

@lukeb1x1 wrote:

The camera shows it is charging, but there is no wifi. 

Do you mean it is showing the camera as off-line?  There is no indication that says "no wifi".

If you are using a base station, then the base station is providing a closed wifi network for the cameras, which is different from the wifi you might be providing for guests.

@lukeb1x1 wrote:

I think the tenants have somehow disabled the camera (because the camera showed they brought a pet when pets are not allowed). 

Of course there are things they might have done - removed the battery in the camera, disconnected the power on the base, removed the base station ethernet cable, took the camera, etc.

Have you gone to the site, and checked it?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation