Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting Access - Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
TNMasterplan
Tutor
Tutor

Granting Acess Is Not Working...

When trying to Grant Access to my wife on the App - I am getting We are sorry, but you don't have permission to perform this action.

I do not get this message on the My Arlo Web Portal, but she never receives an email. Help?

Model = VMB5000r4

Firmware = 1.12.1.8_32915

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TNMasterplan,

I just tested this using Android and did not experience any issues sharing. Can you provide a screenshot of the error message along with the model/os version of the device you're using?

JamesC

TNMasterplan
Tutor
Tutor

I am using iPhone X version 12.2 --- Arlo App 2.7.7

Screenshot Attached from iPhone

Also, I tried using the Web Portal which will not send the email (no errors, but wife does not get an email)

I will say our emails are custom domains - @kgann.com and @sagann.com

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TNMasterplan,

Thanks for the screenshot. (i've removed it so you're not sharing sensitive information publicly)

It's possible that the email address is causing an issue. As a test, try something standard like @Gmail, do you still see the same error?

JamesC

TNMasterplan
Tutor
Tutor

Yes - that worked when I used a generic @Gmail.com address.

Its strange that on Account creation,  I was able to utilize my own custom domain name as my email address, but I cannot add friends with custom domain emails.

I think this is a bug that should be fixed

TNMasterplan
Tutor
Tutor

OK, so I have tested some more.....

It's not the email domain! I setup my wife a new generic gmail.com  email address and sent without 'Allow Access Rights' and Allow Access to e911" and it worked. 

However, if I select the 'Allow Access Rights' and Allow Access to e911" it provides the message "We are sorry, but you don't have permission to perform this action."

TNMasterplan
Tutor
Tutor

I will also say, that eventhough adding a friend without Allow Access  - the emails are still not being sent (from mobile Device nor Web Portal). So to me, it has to be something on the Arlo servers or on my account.

TNMasterplan
Tutor
Tutor

OK - Forgive me but I work in IT and don't stop troubleshooting....

I have narrowed this issue down to the Allow e911 - As long as I do not give her this access, the Friend request is sent sucessfully. However, as soon as I try to Allow e911, it errors.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@TNMasterplan wrote:

OK - Forgive me but I work in IT and don't stop troubleshooting....

I have narrowed this issue down to the Allow e911 - As long as I do not give her this access, the Friend request is sent sucessfully. However, as soon as I try to Allow e911, it errors.

I know the problem!  We IT guys are programmed to figure out “why”.  That’s also why I have over 60 IP clients in both my home and vacation home.  Just a little nuts.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation